City Charging West Brom fans £56

Ticket For Schalke said:
Blue Mooner said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
In your opinion people cant berate the club........Clearly this thread shows they can and they are doing.

Where does all this stop? We were outraged at Arsenal last year and some quite rightly boycotted the match. Those prices were only £6 more and I believe we are charging blue members as much as £60 in some parts of the ground for this.

How did Scott Sinclair improve our title winning ambitions? He didn't and was never going to yet he cost £8m to sign and last season probably around £2.5m in wages. I would hazard a guess that now he is worth fuck all, we will be paying his wages next season too or a vast chunk of them.

These stupid ticket prices for what I would class as a category C game only add around £1.5 to £2m a year tops as we don't do it for all clubs (Yet).

If I were a West Brom fan I would be fucking this one right off.

It's not categorcy C on the basis that it's a title run-in game. Were it at the start of the season it wouldn't be 56 quid.

im sure city will be completely relaxed if there are no west brom fans there as it only helps our chances and City will sell the tickets to City fans.

I think its wrong to criticise City when ticket prices are a football problem not a City problem. Fans seem to expect City to charge cheap prices when their competitors chelsea, rags etc aren't it just can't happen. If you want to see the best teams then logically you have to pay for it.

The rags did speak with their feet with FCUM but largely its been a damp squib as the demand is still there.

Were it not for FFP I'm almost certain that Sheikh Mansour would have been happy to subsidise ticket prices and undercut the rags to get fans coming to CIty as opposed to the rags. With FFP, unfortunately he can't do it.

Like I say by all means criticise ticket prices but you need to criticise Tw*tini and football in general not City. All City are doing is trying to compete financially with our rivals - a direct result of FFP.

FFP its not, look over in Germany, their teams aren't raising ticket prices, the supply and demand does have something to do with it, as if we could cater for more supporters i do believe it would be cheaper, title run in or not, you cannot justify £56 on a monday night on the TV, especially with a smaller club such as WBA, it kills the atmosphere in the stadium which ruins exactly what they club are fixated on 'match day experience', or is it only the razzmatazz in the north stand they mean by it.

The club are making more than 20 million this season than last season in tv deals, thats where ffp can be fixed, not by charging obscene amounts.

Dont forget also, in london they are paid higher wages and everything is more, so the £6 more than the arsenal game is probably in fact worse.

You can't compare us with Germany, for a start it's a different football market, they generally have bigger stadia and allow standing. Unless ALL the top teams reduce pricing in the premier league you can't expect City too. Plus, Bayern aside, the standard of the bundesliga is a lot poorer than the premier league.

Also, we offer by far the most attractive pricing for season cards so it's not as if City aren't doing anything. As I mentioned earlier if you want to pick and choose your games, expect to pay more. If you want better value get a season card I'm in CB L3 and its about 24 quid a game an absolute bargain. If you split that wth someone and alternate attendance plus pay on the DD scheme in 4 even payments, quite frankly, its a bargain.

Plus with (the hated) viagogo you can sell your ticket if you can't go, to me its an absolute no brainer, especially if the club are offering them at £300!!!

Paying on a pay per game basis is a fools game and only for the day trippers - hence the price hike for big important matches like West Brom.

Some show of solidarity with the West Brom fans would be the right gesture.

As a couple of baggies on their forum point out, City have traditionally been decent when it comes to ticket prices, but £56 plus booking fee is an absolute outrage. Their fans would be right to stay away and WBA would see themselves justified in charging City fans even more next season.

Shame on the club for this.

I think we should charge their fans exactly the same as they do us in awaygames. And we should put the away-fans block high up in a corner of our stadium if that is where our fans are being put in their grounds.

Lowering ticketprices all over is another topic.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think a Blue member credits system could help, they can accrue credits through the season by going to plenty of matches and then use these to get a discount on more expensive games.

The club have been advertising on the o/s for a fan to take a one year contract to develop a new membership scheme. Hopefully somebody with good ideas like this gets the job.

johnny on the spot said:
Some show of solidarity with the West Brom fans would be the right gesture.

As a couple of baggies on their forum point out, City have traditionally been decent when it comes to ticket prices, but £56 plus booking fee is an absolute outrage. Their fans would be right to stay away and WBA would see themselves justified in charging City fans even more next season.

Shame on the club for this.

Fair comment, very fair comment.

But while we are are competing with tv it will be difficult to get lower ticket costs.

If West Brom fans, understandably, choose to give this game a miss, and we end up with two coach loads of away supporters, like we did on Saturday, who will fill those seats? Saturday against Fulham there were, undeniably, lots of empty seats dotted around the entire stadium and particularly in the area around the away section., I except, and hope, that most of those empty seats were pre-sold and that we have received the revenue from them. But it seemed reasonable to assume that the un-sold away tickets had been a difficult sell and that the club had used the excess as a chance to invite several junior sports clubs. That's fine, investing for the future etc, but if it's a straight choice between selling the tickets to visiting clubs at a fair price or taking a punt that a few kids who've been the recipients of a freebie ticket will blossom into lifelong Blues then I'd go with treating visiting fans fairly. As fans, we can't complain about £62 at Arsenal or, even worse in my opinion, £50 at Norwich and then condone charging West Brom £56 at The Etihad

Astley Lad said:
If West Brom fans, understandably, choose to give this game a miss, and we end up with two coach loads of away supporters, like we did on Saturday, who will fill those seats? Saturday against Fulham there were, undeniably, lots of empty seats dotted around the entire stadium and particularly in the area around the away section., I except, and hope, that most of those empty seats were pre-sold and that we have received the revenue from them. But it seemed reasonable to assume that the un-sold away tickets had been a difficult sell and that the club had used the excess as a chance to invite several junior sports clubs. That's fine, investing for the future etc, but if it's a straight choice between selling the tickets to visiting clubs at a fair price or taking a punt that a few kids who've been the recipients of a freebie ticket will blossom into lifelong Blues then I'd go with treating visiting fans fairly. As fans, we can't complain about £62 at Arsenal or, even worse in my opinion, £50 at Norwich and then condone charging West Brom £56 at The Etihad

+1.

Scandalous will be the first season since about 84-85 that i have not been to a single game.
Being out of work don't help but in the past always managed to get to some games. Sad times :(

jrb said:
Astley Lad said:

+1.

+2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.