City Charging West Brom fans £56

herrock said:
jrb said:
Astley Lad said:
If West Brom fans, understandably, choose to give this game a miss, and we end up with two coach loads of away supporters, like we did on Saturday, who will fill those seats? Saturday against Fulham there were, undeniably, lots of empty seats dotted around the entire stadium and particularly in the area around the away section., I except, and hope, that most of those empty seats were pre-sold and that we have received the revenue from them. But it seemed reasonable to assume that the un-sold away tickets had been a difficult sell and that the club had used the excess as a chance to invite several junior sports clubs. That's fine, investing for the future etc, but if it's a straight choice between selling the tickets to visiting clubs at a fair price or taking a punt that a few kids who've been the recipients of a freebie ticket will blossom into lifelong Blues then I'd go with treating visiting fans fairly. As fans, we can't complain about £62 at Arsenal or, even worse in my opinion, £50 at Norwich and then condone charging West Brom £56 at The Etihad

+1.

+2
+3

Well I tried to access the WBA forum to direct them to this thread, but they're even more anal than those girls at RAWK for new members.

shemnel said:
DarloBlue said:
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that some sort of protest would be good, i agree. if a large number of people were to stay in the concourse for the first 10 mins or so of the game then the tv cameras will show empty seats around the ground. this will raise the issue that the fans arent happy with the prices and mean people who have bought tickets already dont miss the game.

unfortunatly, nothing will change in football if the fans dont force the issue.

the thing with that is, too many tabloids are already obsessed with empty seats at Etihad so it'll get misconstrued as more Empithad rubbish and the message to the masses will be lost. needs banners and exposure i think

thats true, maybe people could leave together on the 56th minute then return 10 mins later. or not return from half time until the 56th minute. might get the point across.

<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/kohNTLo6ld" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/kohNTLo6ld</a>
Response to a WBA fan from supporter services

I see the other 2 home games v villa & saints are similarly priced
Possibly the least holistic thing the club has done in years,utterly disgraceful and impossible to defend

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
http://t.co/kohNTLo6ld
Response to a WBA fan from supporter services

I see the other 2 home games v villa & saints are similarly priced
Possibly the least holistic thing the club has done in years,utterly disgraceful and impossible to defend
Jesus, the way we've tried to justify that is ridiculous!

Just been commented on Colin Murray show on Talksport that they will be covering this tomorrow as they have received hundreds of tweets from Baggies fans as to why they are paying the highest price for away fans at City this season.
They said they will have response from the club so should be interesting.

not sure who makes these decisions at City but they are completely out of touch1

Hes the left back remember said:
Just been commented on Colin Murray show on Talksport that they will be covering this tomorrow as they have received hundreds of tweets from Baggies fans as to why they are paying the highest price for away fans at City this season.
They said they will have response from the club so should be interesting.

not sure who makes these decisions at City but they are completely out of touch1

Completely agree. Name, Shame and Sack them. Anyone with this type of philosophy needs removing from post because this is a rocky road to ruin for not just away fans but our own fans too. Shameful.

DarloBlue said:
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that some sort of protest would be good, i agree. if a large number of people were to stay in the concourse for the first 10 mins or so of the game then the tv cameras will show empty seats around the ground. this will raise the issue that the fans arent happy with the prices and mean people who have bought tickets already dont miss the game.

unfortunatly, nothing will change in football if the fans dont force the issue.

Correct,its a shame on us,good club WBA too.

Are you from Darlington re your Av ? I am hoping to go to Ossett on Satdi,cant afford Arsenal but my lad is going as under 16 price is ok.

The best option in terms of a boycott of a game to bring this to a head would be if we win the premier league . We can then boycott the charity shield in protest at prices at ALL football matches as well as the ten per cent increase AGAIN in season ticket prices .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.