City Circle

Glad I didn't go for the cheap silver disks, but I think it looks pretty good. Pleased that the uptake was small as I am now one of the few blues who has their own personal stake in the Etihad Campus. My only concern is how long it lasts. It looks pretty good now but not sure how 'permanent' it will be. I'm trusting that the powers that be have been guided and that the circle will last the test of time.

Very surprised at how few blues bought into the concept. If it was ever going to be 'permanent' then the disks had to be of a certain quality and therefore a certain price. When I see how many people are prepared to p*ss up 50, 60 quid and more on a night out, it surprises me how few blues wanted to make their own personal statement around the stadium of the club they love.

Nail on the head with everything you've said.

The glass ones actually look good but with the original concept of a rap around the stadium, then being told I was in the first phase of it and then being told it was being re-thinked and ends up at the bottom of the bridge.
I am somewhat underwhelmed.

Glad I didn't go for the cheap silver disks, but I think it looks pretty good. Pleased that the uptake was small as I am now one of the few blues who has their own personal stake in the Etihad Campus. My only concern is how long it lasts. It looks pretty good now but not sure how 'permanent' it will be. I'm trusting that the powers that be have been guided and that the circle will last the test of time.

Very surprised at how few blues bought into the concept. If it was ever going to be 'permanent' then the disks had to be of a certain quality and therefore a certain price. When I see how many people are prepared to p*ss up 50, 60 quid and more on a night out, it surprises me how few blues wanted to make their own personal statement around the stadium of the club they love.

I'd rather have 50/60 quid on a night out than a disc in the ground. Each to their own though.

Hmmm, if a load have been nicked and left gaps, I wonder if I could approach the club and buy another ? Got one for the Lad when he turned 18, he's 21 this year so I could do a matching pair. Then we could both go down and view them together, for his 24th.

Went for a look on the way home from work and ummmm what to say it looks ok but already lots have been taken would be interesting to find out if they have been nicked or perhaps taken by the owners who aren't happy with their memories being trodden on found the one in memory of my old man a life long blue already very difficult to read can't see it lasting long but a least it's finally in place
I don't know if the gaps are because they have been taken or if there were no more purchased so gaps were inevitable.

I agree it is a stupid place for it as I had to give ours a good cleaning before I could read it, a place on a vertical surface would have been so much better.

They look good from the pictures. Fair to say things have not gone to plan with this project, but the club are nearly there. It's not like they have had a lot on over the past couple of years with the stadium etc. Hopefully those who purchased a disc are happy with the end product. I received an email from the club yesterday stating it is not complete yet, but they intend to send a formal communication with event details out in the near future. Keep the faith!

They look good from the pictures. Fair to say things have not gone to plan with this project, but the club are nearly there. It's not like they have had a lot on over the past couple of years with the stadium etc. Hopefully those who purchased a disc are happy with the end product. I received an email from the club yesterday stating it is not complete yet, but they intend to send a formal communication with event details out in the near future. Keep the faith!
I would go and see it today while there is still a chance your disc is still there and you might be able to still read it if it is mate

I would go and see it today while there is still a chance your disc is still there and you might be able to still read it if it is mate

I don't deny there is a risk of vandalism, but the club would have thought about this type of thing. It is not in their interest to not maintain the City Circle area. Pretty sure they have thought about this, give the persons involved in this project more credit.

I don't deny there is a risk of vandalism, but the club would have thought about this type of thing. It is not in their interest to not maintain the City Circle area. Pretty sure they have thought about this, give the persons involved in this project more credit.
Very sorry mate as of Thursday night many of the discs have already gone,what are left will be unreadable after today,I will always defend the good guys at city like danny and lisa but im sorry this is a disaster and the discs need wall mounting as soon as possible.sorry no one deserves credit for this it just needs a quick fix to put it right.
Have a look today mate and post back up what you think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.