City fans - a frightening new insight...

Soulboy said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
I may piss people off on here but im only 17 so probably seem imature at times but i look back on our history and feel proud. i was unlucky not to see the likes of bell etc...

I have the patience for success and im willing to wait as long as it takes for it. i wonder how many people would stop supporting city if the sheik pulled his money out tomorrow? an awful lot and thats the glory hunters that have jumped on the bandwagon since we have had the money

CTID <3

even if we dont win another trophy for 34 years i will still be here!!!

17?

As old as that... ;}

cheeky bastard ;)

Don't knock the newcomers. Think of these guys as partially sighted, they can see some of the picture but to truly grasp the full magnificent panorama they need to have their blinkers removed.

Tell them tales of Maine Road, the walk accross Platt Fields and down the passages, the half jog half run between the cars and onto the Kippax concourse. In through the turnstile and walk down the back of the stand - COMMIT NO NUISANCE - and into the tunnel walking craning your neck for the first sight of the vivid green. Then the noise. Look left to see how many 'they've' brought and into the same place week after week, three-quarters up half way between the goal and the halfway line.

Like many on here I did this for the first time as a small child, excited with dad, uncles, cousins and mates. As they years went by the group changed, uncles then dad died, new kids joined in, more cousins, bigger mates; didn't need looking after anymore, it was me putting kids on the wall and saying 'see you at half time'.

Always City.

Don't have a go at those that weren't lucky enough to share this and don't deride those that don't want to hear about it, it really is their loss.

For as long as you can, enjoy seeing the big picture and never stop trying to show it to others.

Makes me sick tbh, Im 17 this month, so obviously missed out on Bell, Lee, Summerbee and even the majority of Kinky, Quinn and Uwe. However, I still look back on those times with pride, because it was those times that made the club, albeit some of those times were incredibly depressing. Some blues may have slagged me off about certain issues (i.e. Dunne), but you will never find me slagging off the club I worship and have done for as long as I can remember. The 2 that Tolmie mention are a disgrace and probably started following the club from September 1st 2008. As great a day that was, one of the greatest in my life, it unfortunately sprang a breed of 'Rag Blues', like the feckers who sit in front of me in 121.....

TheLegendOfBerti said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
You clearly want a reaction, so how so?

I mean the posts of mcfcdave in the article you linked too.

sorry for the confusion.

I'm sorry too, bud.

Peace and Love breaks out on Blue Moon once again.

The posts just smacked of a Rag wind-up, but then I noticed the size of their respective posts counts, their nods to City knowledge, and could only sahke my head in disbelief.

I actually had a 40 yr-old guy sat next to me the other week when Uwe Rosler came on the pitch, and he turned and said I vaguely remember him, was he a good player.

Head shakes...

....and the fact that we have been silverware-less for so long and the loyalty of the fans through the worst of times is just a part of that proud and ongoing history

in my experience the people who equate history to trophies are TV watching plastics of the lowest order who know nothing about the game beyond what they are fed by $ky sports

It's not just City fans - it's football fans in general. You used to be able to go and mingle with opposing fans at games, have a laugh and celebrate your teams' goals without getting a kicking or being ejected by stewards.

Some of the bile from and directed at Everton fans recently shocked me to the core as, over the years, I've found them to be among the most friendly and knowledgeable fans. What has driven this? Is it money, the desperation for success, society in general or a combination of some or all of these?

I am the proud father of a two-year-old, my first.

He has his City shirt, I do everything with him I did with my old man.

I can't wait until next year, he is already asking about Carlos Tevez and wanting to go to City with his Daddy.

I can't wait for the day he comes, sits next to me with my two brothers and my dad, three generations altogether.

And when he's old enough to understand, will tell him how lucky he is that he is seeing what he is.

Will tell him about me growing up in Moss Side, across the road from Maine Road, about the players, the good and the bad days.

This is surely what it means to be a City fan, to enjoy the ride and then pass on the ticket?

TheLegendOfBerti said:
you've got to remember we get about 10,000 + more fans at COMS than at Maine Road.

They have to have come from somewhere, and not all with such good knowledge or intentions.

^^This

Also there is a certain amount of peer pressure now we have the cash and other fans & the media hate us. Some blues can't take it so vent their frustration on here, nothing wrong with that imo.

As we win things and convert more of the deluded masses to our cause we will fill the additional 17 thousand planned seats at COMS with just these type of supporters, so I think we will all have to be a bit more forgiving and not burn people for being ignorant, just beacuse they don't remember our illustriuos history, primarily because they never lived it....over the next decade we'll be creating a new history anyway..and then we can all talk about how we preferred the old history etc etc...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.