City fans at Liverpool

clp1000 said:
greenie said:
clp1000 said:
greenie said:
i heard them yesterday as well, it still goes on a lot! and in denmark they were singin em in the Rover, which is obviously aan irish catholic bar

It's an Irish bar, yes. But what makes it a "Catholic" bar ? I'd love to know !!!!

all the celtic pictures on the wall (one of which got smashed), and the fact that the owner who set the bar up is a catholic and a celtic fan

So a Celtic picture on the wall denotes religion !!! Is that what you're saying ????
Well; I doubt you'll find many protestant Celtic fans. I have no doubt there will be some, but they will be a tiny minority of the overall Celtic fanbase. In exactly the same way as a huge majority of Rangers fans are protestants. Like it or not, they are facts.

Remember going to Norwich on a Friday night about 10 years ago and it seemed like every City fan was singing it as there was delays in getting there due to a bomb threat on the motorway caused by the IRA.

Some songs are out of order, personally dont see anything wrong with this one.

foley87 said:
i dont understand the meaning behind why no surrender shouldnt be sang

i thought the ira were scum...so why not sing it

someone like to explain to me

because according to some people singing this means you hate all the irish, catholics,celtic fans in the world. I'm a catholic from irish decent and I have no problem with people singing no surrender to the I.R.A, the day they tried bombing manchester I detested the cunts for life

foley87 said:

There isn't any reason why not as far as I'm concerned; The IRA were an illegal paramilitary terrorist organisation hell-bent on bringing about change through terror, murder, extortion and the like. Unfortunately, their 'leaders' now hold some of the top jobs in Northern Ireland.

[/quote]

I'm a catholic from irish decent and I have no problem with people singing no surrender to the I.R.A, the day they tried bombing manchester I detested the ***** for life[/quote]

Speaking as a Protestant from English descent i think you propose a neat theory. However, next time you hear that shit being sung just ask yourself if you want anything to do with the people singing it. Exactly same type who sing about folk dying on a runway. Nowt to do with football, just morons gobbing off. The IRA were scum, all murderers are. Seems to me problem is people signing "no surender" aren't protesting about injustice they're celebrating another bunch of murderers.

M22_blu said:
foley87 said:

because according to some people singing this means you hate all the irish, catholics,celtic fans in the world. I'm a catholic from irish decent and I have no problem with people singing no surrender to the I.R.A, the day they tried bombing manchester I detested the ***** for life

exactly the same with me, born in Manchester, 2 english parents, but my Granmother is Irish and I went to an Catholic school. I have no probem with them singing it if im being honest.

ratherdeadthanred said:
M22_blu said:
foley87 said:

because according to some people singing this means you hate all the irish, catholics,celtic fans in the world. I'm a catholic from irish decent and I have no problem with people singing no surrender to the I.R.A, the day they tried bombing manchester I detested the ***** for life

exactly the same with me, born in Manchester, 2 english parents, but my Granmother is Irish and I went to an Catholic school. I have no probem with them singing it if im being honest.

im english and catholic and i hate the ira like everyone should they were just like the taliban so i can see why people use to sing about them but fucking hell leave it in the history books now i think. And half the 14 year olds that sing it dont have a clue anyways.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
foley87 said:

There isn't any reason why not as far as I'm concerned; The IRA were an illegal paramilitary terrorist organisation hell-bent on bringing about change through terror, murder, extortion and the like. Unfortunately, their 'leaders' now hold some of the top jobs in Northern Ireland.

who said crime doesn`t pay

As catholic Blue I fail to understand your logic. City play a football match and you sing no surrender to the IRA, Why? What has it got to do with MCFC. The IRA dont even exist now, theres a peace agreement. What is your agenda? All Catholic Blues Hated the IRA and other terrorist groups. It is simple, you are bigoted wankers. Why dont you fcuk off and follow rangers. I have been watching City since I was 8, 1973. Ive got some bad news for you, Im gonna fight you twats til the day I die. God bless my club and the 99% of TRUE BLUES.

Ignorance is alive and well and stalking Bluemoon. The song although referencing the IRA is intended as an insult to (Fenian's ) Catholics from Ireland to those of you who don't quite grasp it.
Before you start blithely saying i don't have a problem with and being 14 is no excuse, go out and find out the history behind it and if you still want to throw your lot in with a shower of bigoted dicks , knock yourselves out !
It has no place at City we are a cosmopolitan club in a cosmopolitan City lets act with a bit more class eh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.