City fans in the Celtic end next week

I think whoever is in the Celtic end on Wednesday will be very surprised at how hospitable, they are and Glasgow in general.

Act like a prick you'll be twated like a prick, but be decent and respectful then all will be fine.
I have lived and worked in Glasgow for a long time pal, there's a pathological hatred of the English. It's inbred.

I have lived and worked in Glasgow for a long time pal, there's a pathological hatred of the English. It's inbred.
I'm from Manchester with an English accent and have lived in the West of Scotland for 30+ years including Glasgow and never had any bother.

Don't kid yourselves that there isn't any animosity amongst certain sections of their fanbase. I've been up there enough times over the last three years or so to have seen it first hand. That said the vast majority of lads I've met have been sound, but it only takes a handful.

This thread makes me laugh.

Im a celtic STH and i joined this forum last season as i wanted to check out a few CL when i was in manchester. Soft spot for city and lookin forward to this fixture.

Obviously there is no rivalry between both clubs and we have taken alot of your players some who will be playing on the night.

As long as you are not cheering city you will be fine. People all over the world support celtic and no one will care of you have an English accent. Its 21st century.

Enjoy the game but ultimately you have taken a celtic fans ticket from them, especially when this is a massive game for Celtic and their fans.

Cheer on paddy roberts and enjoy the game and the atmosphere whatever the result.

Just thought I might never get the chance to see us play up there again, my mate who I've got tickets off is a season ticket holder there and he said as long as we don't do anything daft ie celebrate a city goal we will be fine. looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere
haha , you'll no need to worry about celebrating a city goal

it'll help if you've learnt the lingo beforehand though

try this one

gie him a hauf an ah'll hiv wan tae, an wan fur yer sel hen, aw ra best

enjoy the match

I’m assuming that you mean Monchengladbach, but I’m not sure that German fans are the best example.

Yesterday, my seat was on the segregation barrier, but the only nastiness originated from the City end, when Swansea equalized. Nothing too vile, but a bit embarrassing watching grown men impersonate hypocritical idiots.

Last season, I attended the Cologne-Monchengladbach derby, which according to German sources is only just below the Dortmund-Schalke rivalry

There were dozens of Monchengladbach fans in the Cologne end, all wearing colours, but there was never a sense that things would get out of hand.

Six weeks later, there were hundreds of Monchengladbach fans in the City end, which seemed to take everyone by surprise. They all went-up when BMG scored, but they were hardly taking liberties. Yes, it got nasty for a few seconds, but only because a few City fans were incapable of counting to ten.

However, Celtic is another level, so I agree with your overall point.

Completely agree, i hated it when City fans were spitting and screaming at them, i nearly twatted a city for it. German fans are easily the most hospitable. we were in the BMG pub at the away leg. 6 city fans and nobody batted an eye lid. even sung a few songs and stay in contact with one of them. when we went to Hamburg many moons back there were loads of blues in the hamburg end. but then its ok for us to do but not them !!!
A celtic mate of mine has said he would get tickets for me in their end. I'm already going otherwise i would have done that.

Theres no hatred of the english in glasgow,we have a dislike for the london clubs as most of the country has,glasgow and its people are very much the same as manchester.if you aint looking for trouble in glasgow you will be fine,take a trip to the gallowgate celtic pubs and you will be welcomed in for a sing along.hope you all enjoy the game and glasgow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.