City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

What I expect them to do is set a price for each area and stick to it, whether it's Sunderland or Spurs. Instead they adopt this ludicrous policy of pricing matches individually based on what they think demand is going to be months ahead. So you end up paying £42, £46, £52, £58 or any other amount they can think of. The problem is that they then can't adjust prices if demand is low.

No way was that game sold out. They might not have been selling tickets but it wasn't in any sense sold out. They've give away huge numbers of tickets to get rid of them after their speculative and stupid decision to charge £58. This is a club that prioritises trying to squeeze every last penny out of match-goers via some sort of revenue optimisation model rather than giving up some revenue and really filling the ground.
I completely agree on your first paragraph, and why we are selling tickets in August for games in May, I have no idea..... oh yes I do, expectations, they know we expect to be challenging, so can charge silly prices early doors. On that I'm totally in agreement, the club take the piss. However, my ticket this season has been £20 per game, and that's brilliant, and it was my choice to move where I am, and I benefited from a better view, and a better atmosphere, and sit with mates too, so for me its currently a bargain compared to 3 years ago. I can't fault the club for allowing me that opportunity.

Not sure about not selling out the 6000 or so match day tickets today, I expect they sold out quite early due to the 'expectation' factor, last home game is always popular, but I do think that a lot of season card tickets were put on the ticket exchange for today's game, judging from around where I sit, many regulars (season cards obviously) weren't there, replaced by people who I didn't recognise.

Its a strange situation, because last week against Palace, the away section in SS3 was pretty well full of blues, and they couldn't have gone on sale till relatively late, yet there were plenty of empty seats amongst the regulars again.

Ultimately, I couldn't give a shit if there are empty seats, or people leave early/arrive late, so long as I'm there (which I might well not be on Tuesday, I haven't decided if I can be bothered making a 13 hour round trip or not), people pay their money and have a right to choose what they do.

Sorry for being slightly off topic but my mrs swears the commentator on sky? just as teams were coming out called etihad the "emptyhad"? me & my lad at game obv so cant confirm? just after vinnys banner came down she said?? fuckin joke if true & ive no reason to doubt her shes a burnley fan :)

Empty seats.

F*** off with season tickets not turning up for game after game. Give that excuse a rest.

It's the club. It's those running the club.

Here is a clue.

£58 for a seat against Leicester City. Same price in every block. That's the answer to today's empty seats. That goes for other home matches as well.

The unofficial club matchday ticket policy is to price City fans out of home games.

And then they sell £20 matchday tickets in the SS 3rd tier against West Brom.

Who's running this pantomime at City?

Price structuring must be a complicated affair.

I only go to the odd game and pay a lot for tickets. I balance on the fact it's a treat and I don't do it often and City through various means provides me a lot of enjoyment. So for me it works but not ideal.

Just having cheap tickets would also bring issues regarding empty seats etc. As it may discourage season ticket sales, if match day was more affordable etc.

Where it is I don't like is that it is clear the focus is on maximising money and not filling the stadium (which I would prefer). I also think a full stadium could help on the pitch as well and with it financial benefits.

I'm sure the press would spin it negatively, but imagine a 10% discount on next seasons season ticket if you attend or your ticket is used for every league game. Something to encourage people to attend, as opposed to the current attitude we have your money we don't care.

I honestly don't see fans leaving maybe cos I'm watching the game and don't give a fuck about early leavers or empty seats... the season has been shite and fans can stay or go as they please ..I live near the airport and stay till the end .. I get home 90 mins after full time my pal leaves on 84 every week and gets home in 20 mins and fair play if he wants to imo waste good money by missing 10 mins every home game ..
Empty seats has become a massive problem for some blues but for the majority nobody gives a fuck

Had to laugh when they announced seven minutes additional time it was like a signal to get out of the stadium.
I reckon following City in the dark days has really left many of our fans seriously fcuked up.

Empty seats.

F*** off with season tickets not turning up for game after game. Give that excuse a rest.

It's the club. It's those running the club.

Here is a clue.

£58 for a seat against Leicester City. Same price in every block. That's the answer to today's empty seats. That goes for other home matches as well.

The unofficial club matchday ticket policy is to price City fans out of home games.

And then they sell £20 matchday tickets in the SS 3rd tier against West Brom.

Who's running this pantomime at City?

It was sold out and sold out ages ago as people thought it would be the last home game of the season.

The biggest indicator, although not relevant today as Leicester sold out, is that we AlWAYS fill up the top tier of the away allocation when the opposition return their tickets.

It's season ticket holders not turning up and all the evidence shows that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.