City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

The atmosphere was ok today but I was a little surprised at the amount of empty seats all over the ground. I am in the south stand and the gaps in the family stand was very noticeable. I am not sure what the excuses are there, no school the next day and still loads of time to go shopping with the missus after the game if required. For people living a distance away the early kick off must be a nightmare admittedly but I would think the family stand would be predominantly local.
Been said before but the club gives out loads of freebies in the Family Stand Level 1, either to external groups or within the club. I'm told they leave loads of tickets at the CFA for players, staff and their friends and families. There was also a block of about 30 seats at the front of 122 or 123 at the Leicester game so no way that's 30 season ticket holders who just haven't turned up. 93:20 was maybe two-thirds full at most. It's never even full for a derby match. I know of one time where a commercial partner got 4 tickets but only 1 was used. That's probably quite common.

Remember that a "sell out" does not mean the club has sold all the tickets but that they've given out all the available tickets. The demand to fill a 55,000 seat stadium for all but the biggest games simply isn't there for us currently.

Fuck know just one of those things can t live with them can t live without. I've fucked home games off long ago as the whole thing with home games are absolutely toxic only renew to get tickets for decent games so my seat is one of those empty ones unless I can shift it on

Toxic is one of the last words I'd use to describe home games. Benign and sterile at times perhaps, but hardly toxic.

Been said before but the club gives out loads of freebies in the Family Stand Level 1, either to external groups or within the club. I'm told they leave loads of tickets at the CFA for players, staff and their friends and families. There was also a block of about 30 seats at the front of 122 or 123 at the Leicester game so no way that's 30 season ticket holders who just haven't turned up. 93:20 was maybe two-thirds full at most. It's never even full for a derby match. I know of one time where a commercial partner got 4 tickets but only 1 was used. That's probably quite common.

Remember that a "sell out" does not mean the club has sold all the tickets but that they've given out all the available tickets. The demand to fill a 55,000 seat stadium for all but the biggest games simply isn't there for us currently.

I know a group from Ireland school boy team and parents got about 100 freebies for level 3 for Liverpool at home. Bit of a joke that being a big game we should sell out easily. Plus most were Liverpool fans

Cheers for the information. I wonder if other clubs do this on the level we do? It needs to stop really if people don't take up freebies then don't offer them anymore to those people. Do we give away freebies to local kids from deprived areas, or homes, or in care? They would be much more appreciated and may gain us fan's for the future. It is hard to say what the solution is but the present system appears to be a failure.

Toxic maybe too strong but I'm not talking bout on the pitch more what happens off it

I was talking about off the pitch too. It's a problem that affects about 90% of Premier League clubs. I don't think it's specific to City; it's a wider problem than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.