City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

If I take my ticket as an example, which will be £745 next season, the club could price match-day tickets at £44 for all games. That way, everyone knows where they stand.
I agree with that, mine is £20 per game, so charge the equivalent match ticket at £25, not sure what any of us can do though, and I nor you want season ticket prices going up towards match day prices do we ?

I agree with that, mine is £20 per game, so charge the equivalent match ticket at £25, not sure what any of us can do though, and I nor you want season ticket prices going up towards match day prices do we ?

If that happens I am out. That may be a dangerous statement as people fear that is what the club appear to want, easy solution for them if that is the case put the season tickets up to £1102 a season, £58 a game and job done.

If that happens I am out. That may be a dangerous statement as people fear that is what the club appear to want, easy solution for them if that is the case put the season tickets up to £1102 a season, £58 a game and job done.
I'll be gone too, and after 36 years living away from Manchester, and for the most part being a season ticket holder, hoping to retire and return to Manchester in the next 3 years, I still wouldn't come back.

I'll be gone too, and after 36 years living away from Manchester, and for the most part being a season ticket holder, hoping to retire and return to Manchester in the next 3 years, I still wouldn't come back.

I am probably like a lot of older fan's now, it still makes me shocked saying that in my head I still feel I am 35 but sadly I am not. The buzz lessens except for certain games, the travelling, queues, treatment by showsec, all tend to grind me down more now but I guess it is in my blood so for now I keep going. I took early retirement in December last year and have got to duck and dive for a bit, bizarrely bloody City contributed to that after smashing my head at the Seville game in 2015 lol! I lived in Kent for 5 years which was a 600 mile round trip for home games so anyone doing that I feel for as I have been there. The club appear to have stopped listening to fan's and I am not sure if they realise how close to a tipping point we are as a fan base.

I completely agree on your first paragraph, and why we are selling tickets in August for games in May, I have no idea..... oh yes I do, expectations, they know we expect to be challenging, so can charge silly prices early doors. On that I'm totally in agreement, the club take the piss. However, my ticket this season has been £20 per game, and that's brilliant, and it was my choice to move where I am, and I benefited from a better view, and a better atmosphere, and sit with mates too, so for me its currently a bargain compared to 3 years ago. I can't fault the club for allowing me that opportunity.

Not sure about not selling out the 6000 or so match day tickets today, I expect they sold out quite early due to the 'expectation' factor, last home game is always popular, but I do think that a lot of season card tickets were put on the ticket exchange for today's game, judging from around where I sit, many regulars (season cards obviously) weren't there, replaced by people who I didn't recognise.

Its a strange situation, because last week against Palace, the away section in SS3 was pretty well full of blues, and they couldn't have gone on sale till relatively late, yet there were plenty of empty seats amongst the regulars again.

Ultimately, I couldn't give a shit if there are empty seats, or people leave early/arrive late, so long as I'm there (which I might well not be on Tuesday, I haven't decided if I can be bothered making a 13 hour round trip or not), people pay their money and have a right to choose what they do.

First time they have put all the tickets on sale in August was this season, thought it worked well for me, planned and bought all my tickets in August , because I could see which were the cheaper games, but always go to the last home game which I know will be dear, then only had to worry about travel and hotels to pay for as games came up.. The match was sold out in March tickets became available again as season cards,were put on resale after the time change. I have no doubt empty seats were.season card holders ,
Doesnt really bother me, but if people are looking for solutions then in this case ticket prices arent one of them, though ticket prices for most of the games I went to for thos season were about £35 for me and £15 for my son which is ok.

Edit, just a note when the tickets went on sale in August the games that were £53 were the games I expected and have been £53 every other year, but there seemed an odd mix of £35 and £41 pound games

It was sold out and sold out ages ago as people thought it would be the last home game of the season.

The biggest indicator, although not relevant today as Leicester sold out, is that we AlWAYS fill up the top tier of the away allocation when the opposition return their tickets.

It's season ticket holders not turning up and all the evidence shows that.

No it isn't. Stop spinning that yarn. City were offering me 6, yes 6 tickets on the OS ticket page for Leicester. If the match was sold out, they wouldn't be offering other me and other City fans a maximum of 6 tickets, priced at £58 each.(£348! Lol!)

There were seats either side of me me that were empty. The same against Palace. I don't have any season ticket holders near me bar 1 person. Those seats and the people who stand next to those seats are always changing. I had a black lad stood next to me yesterday. He didn't know the chants, but still tried to join in. A newbie. Fair play to him.

TBH I'm not arsed about the empty seats jibe like many City fans. It's banter from the Rags. I get it all the time in work. United fans have got nothing else to say about us now. It's water off a ducks back. What I'm more bothered about is the ticket pricing policy at City, how they've come up with it and why, and the thinking and rational behind it. For whatever reason those running the club seem to be happy with pricing seats too expensively, and in the process stopping City fans from going to the matches. That's the hardest thing to swallow. Our club and those running it 'are' pricing City fans out!!! Think about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.