City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

No it isn't. Stop spinning that yarn. City were offering me 6, yes 6 tickets on the OS ticket page for Leicester. If the match was sold out, they wouldn't be offering other me and other City fans a maximum of 6 tickets, priced at £58 each.(£348! Lol!)

There were seats either side of me me that were empty. The same against Palace. I don't have any season ticket holders near me bar 1 person. Those seats and the people who stand next to those seats are always changing. I had a black lad stood next to me yesterday. He didn't know the chants, but still tried to join in. A newbie. Fair play to him.

TBH I'm not arsed about the empty seats jibe like many City fans. It's banter from the Rags. I get it all the time in work. United fans have got nothing else to say about us now. It's water off a ducks back. What I'm more bothered about is the ticket pricing policy at City, how they've come up with it and why, and the thinking and rational behind it. For whatever reason, those running the club seem to be happy with pricing seats too expensively, and in the process, stopping City fans from going to the matches. That's the hardest thing to swallow. Our club and those running it 'are' pricing City fans out!!! Think about that.
no they werent offering you 6 tickets, you could buy six but if you had looked they would have been odd ones spotted around the ground from resales. It was sold out initially in March. The pricing policy may be wrong, but it has been the same for at least five years now back to the Cook days with hardly any change to prices, in fact I think this season has had more cheaper tickets with the south stand usually having £30 away blocks returned.and isnt the problem behind empty seats, if empty seats was a problem which it isn't.
Heres a thing I would say the £30 away tickets doesnt seem to have made much difference either as I have seen any decrease in the number of games the third tier hasnt gone back on sale to City fans, which has been good for us matchday fans, be interesting to know if the price cap has led to more away fans at all games not just ours.

No it isn't. Stop spinning that yarn. City were offering me 6, yes 6 tickets on the OS ticket page for Leicester. If the match was sold out, they wouldn't be offering other me and other City fans a maximum of 6 tickets, priced at £58 each.(£348! Lol!)

There were seats either side of me me that were empty. The same against Palace. I don't have any season ticket holders near me bar 1 person. Those seats and the people who stand next to those seats are always changing. I had a black lad stood next to me yesterday. He didn't know the chants, but still tried to join in. A newbie. Fair play to him.

TBH I'm not arsed about the empty seats jibe like many City fans. It's banter from the Rags. I get it all the time in work. United fans have got nothing else to say about us now. It's water off a ducks back. What I'm more bothered about is the ticket pricing policy at City, how they've come up with it and why, and the thinking and rational behind it. For whatever reason those running the club seem to be happy with pricing seats too expensively, and in the process stopping City fans from going to the matches. That's the hardest thing to swallow. Our club and those running it 'are' pricing City fans out!!! Think about that.
My Dad phoned a few weeks ago to get a ticket for yesterdays game and was told by the ticket office that it was sold out.

If ANYONE leaves early on Tuesday they are no city fan. If you can't say goodbye to a legend then you are totally plastic

no they werent offering you 6 tickets, you could buy six but if you had looked they would have been odd ones spotted around the ground from resales. It was sold out initially in March. The pricing policy may be wrong, but it has been the same for at least five years now back to the Cook days with hardly any change to prices, in fact I think this season has had more cheaper tickets with the south stand usually having £30 away blocks returned.and isnt the problem behind empty seats, if empty seats was a problem which it isn't.
Heres a thing I would say the £30 away tickets doesnt seem to have made much difference either as I have seen any decrease in the number of games the third tier hasnt gone back on sale to City fans, which has been good for us matchday fans, be interesting to know if the price cap has led to more away fans at all games not just ours.

I was at the ticket office before the game as I had forgotten my season card and all the windows had the game sold out. There were touts hanging round the queue and four Indian lads at the ticket window had unfortunately for them bought forged tickets that they had printed out. They were at the window trying to get the club to honour them but understandably they wouldn't. They walked away straight to buy four tickets off touts. If the "was e are seats are unsold, why would the club not sell tickets on the day, including to the Indian chaps who were clearly desperate to see the match, and why would touts even bother touting tickets? The games are sold out and the empty seats are seasoncard holders not turning up.

If anything, the problem, you could argue, is seasoncards being too cheap. They need to be priced so as to encourage fans not to see seadoncards as worthy of buying even when they know they won't go to every game.

If ANYONE leaves early on Tuesday they are no city fan. If you can't say goodbye to a legend then you are totally plastic

What if they are on a night shift, what if they have a train to catch, it's going to finish close to 10, personal choice if people leave or stay.

I was at the ticket office before the game as I had forgotten my season card and all the windows had the game sold out. There were touts hanging round the queue and four Indian lads at the ticket window had unfortunately for them bought forged tickets that they had printed out. They were at the window trying to get the club to honour them but understandably they wouldn't. They walked away straight to buy four tickets off touts. If the "was e are seats are unsold, why would the club not sell tickets on the day, including to the Indian chaps who were clearly desperate to see the match, and why would touts even bother touting tickets? The games are sold out and the empty seats are seasoncard holders not turning up.

If anything, the problem, you could argue, is seasoncards being too cheap. They need to be priced so as to encourage fans not to see seadoncards as worthy of buying even when they know they won't go to every game.
I have always thought the matchday prices should be the price of that seat for the s/ c pluse lets,say 20% so if a s/ c buyer wasnt going to 15 games it would be cheaper to just buy the tickets, that way not only would the season card not need to increase it would make matchday tickets in the main cheaper but, in the dearer seats the £800 areas the club could still charge £50

The fact we cannot all agree shows the problem at football at the moment.

That clubs attendance is the amount sold not attended and can also include tickets given away, can see sold out games with plenty of empty seats.

We can all see the way the club is going in terms of day trippers etc. However they are giving a proporation of the ground at very affordable prices for season cards. You would only assume this would continue on a grander scale with safe standing.

As someone said pretty much all clubs have problems and it is not good for the PL as a whole.

There needs to be a focus on getting people with a ticket to attend be used. It certainly would be interesting if attendance printed just included them who turned up.

Quite a u-turn from the days clubs use to under declare

Again.

If we have reached our peak in support, and we can't fill the 54,000 Etihad stadium on a regular basis, why if true, are there 1000's of City fans on the season ticket waiting list?

Some ideas.

F*** the £35(?) Citizens Card fee off. Give all City fans a free card as long as they agree to give the club their personal details. 200,000-250,000 at the trophy parades in town. Put a sponsors logo on the card. That will cover some of the revenue lost from scrapping the £35 fee.

F*** the tiered block pricing off. Return it to 1 price per block no matter where you sit. Why should one City fan pay £100 more becuse he or she is sat 1 row in-front of another city fan.

Increase season tickets capacity again, if current capacity allows? I accept a % of seats have to be left over for matchday sales. If it can't be done, bite the bullet, increase the Etihad again, and fill those 6000 seats in the NS with £299 season tickets. 6000 x £299, + matchday revenues, food, drinks, merchandise, etc. Bingo! ££££....

We've all said it a million times before. Make all match tickets affordable. OK, charge more for the big games, but within reason.
Matchday ticket sales. Kids in for £5 or £10. Parents £20.(just off the top of my head) Get the next generation in and they and their parents will keep on coming back.

Loyalty points. Yes! Noooooo! For attending home games. 5 points? 10 points? Football has changed. People now pick their matches. Will loyalty points work, I don't know? Perhaps a prize draw each month if you attend all the matches. A Tunnel Club matchday prize? Attend all home matches and a prize draw for a end of season trip, or a pre season trip to Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately some fans do need an incentive to attend matches these day's. Perhaps home loyalty points of a prize draw might sway them? Yes, I fully appreciated some can't attend always due to work and other issues.

Once again. Make buying matchday tickets more accessible and easier. Yes it has improved, but it still can be a pain. Advertise cheap matchday tickets more often. I didn't know about the £20 matchday tickets against West Brom until I had a look at the seat planner. How many 1000's of other City don't know as well? Nothing on the radio, in the press, or on the OS homepage about those £20 tickets? Why?

Etc.

There are 101 things the club can come up with this Summer to increase matchday crowds next season. And in the process, increase *matchday revenue*, which is what the club and those running it ultimately want to do.

Last edited:
Was not able to go to the palace match, wife went in my place. Watched it n TV, it was embarrassing empty seats all over the ground and with 10 mins to go 15,000 must have gone or were walking out. Stop singing about 60,000 empty seats at OT and give the people who walk out early stick, they are an embarrassment to the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.