City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Exactly - its approaching the end of the month for many people and money is tight. I have no shame in our crowd last night,
Me neither. I’ve supported City for so long, that I remember a midweek 40k crowd was an exception.

First thing Utd supporting security guard, from Bristol, said to me at work this morning was our attendance is embarrassing.

I said yes we should be selling out for CL games but our average supporter doesn't have much spare cash, has a family that needs money spent on them, and a lot of us can only afford the season ticket plus expenses, or as many weekend games as possible, have mid week work n travel issues or can only afford a few select games a season.

And without even starting an argument we just don't have the glory supporters Utd still have from all over the country who can fill these empty seats...or the tourists staying in football hotels etc.

So we're not gonna be able to sell our every single game. It's not the end of the world either it's just one of those things that seem to upset other fans more than our own.

Tbf he wasn't interested he just wanted banter and to have a dig.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact we've rarely had that big game where we won and got people to come back?

Off the top of my head your looking at Barcelona (H) and Bayern 3-2 comeback at home?

Bayern 2-0
Napoli 2-1
That’s about it

Before people judge one another.
Its a matter of choice.
I didn't join the champions league cup scheme this season.
Last night was my first missed home game at the ETIHAD.
I don't like UEFA and instead of booing them.
I chose not to spend my hard earned money lining there pockets.
Season ticket holder since 1985.
I answer to nobody when it comes to my love/support for man city.
C.T.I.D

Assume you didn’t watch the game then? After all BT pay UEFA for the rights to show the games.

Villarreal 2-1 - last minute Sergio winner
Sevilla 2-1 - last minute KDB winner
Monaco 5-3 - after going 3-2 down

We’ve had some cracking games at home in the CL - there’s been more than people think.
mGLADBACH 15/16 4-2 when came from 2-1 down and scored 3 in last 10 mins to win group

It’s media driven modern day folk bollox.

Think about it 40,000 people mid week?! When it’s on the telly? I think it is bloody incredible.

I agree with you. Since the expansion in the group stages:

50363 Juventus
45595 Sevilla
41829 Malabor

30270* Mgladbach (the one rearranged 24 hours notice and we'd sold 40 odd thousand the night before)
53340 Barcelona
51297 Celtic

45310 Shaktar
48250 Napoli
43548 Feyornord

40111 Lyon

Liverpool fans giving it out as usual on social media. Last season group stages for them:

52322 Sevilla
47757 Maribar
48779 Spartak

So even european royalty and the great european nights under the lights doesn't apply for 2 home games in the groups last year...

Villarreal 2-1 - last minute Sergio winner
Sevilla 2-1 - last minute KDB winner
Monaco 5-3 - after going 3-2 down

We’ve had some cracking games at home in the CL - there’s been more than people think.
I agree they were cracking wins. The comment was referring to ‘big’ games or top tier opponents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.