City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

This is nothing new. City fans have been indifferent to cup games for as long as I can remember. I personally think the turnout last night wasn’t great and I’m not alone, but the suggestion 40k isn’t any good when there are clubs across Europe getting less is crazy!
Yeah I get that, but the point I’m making is not really just about the attendance, it’s more of a question really.
Do the fans really want to win the CL or are they not bothered?
I’d say a lot will say we have to and a lot will say, not bothered.

The fans are split and the club having winning it as an objective.

I think that’s a problem. I don’t know what the answer is but I think denying it has an affect on the teams attitude is way off the mark. Whether it should or shouldn’t is a different argument.

I guess I’m asking as a fan base to we just accept the stalemate or look for a solution. I haven’t a clue how you do that. I think there is s big onus on the club and there is a lot they are getting wrong in relation to it.
Hopefully PB having a fans voice in there will see the club listen to arguments put forward in here but I don’t see Pep reaching his European objectives as things stand.

Embarrassing really, the real reason is that some people are more worried about what others think about us more than anything else. They need to grow some balls and man up rather than pointing the finger at others.
I think that when we won the League in 1967/68 that our average gate was only something like 40,000 way back in those days.Too many Blue Mooners Danamy are easily fooled by the media and what they will say to try and kick us in the nuts,when in reality they only have attendances to hit us with nowadays.
I only get embarrassed by daft fuckers who feel embarrassed at what their Rag mates and media might say.
As you say their bollocks need to drop and grow some fucking hair on them.
People seem to forget it was only 12-14 years ago we had someone called Stuart Pearce in charge.Now that was embarrassing. ;)

For once I’m going to post a link to the Daily Mail.

It’s a fair and balanced article (by Daily Mail standards) asking why City fans aren’t turning up for the CL games.

I wouldn’t bother reading the comments.

Thousands of empty seats and even more shrugged shoulders… the awkward relationship Manchester City fans have with the Champions League
  • Man City's empty stadium vs Lyon shows fans continue to rebel against UEFA
  • They've had an awkward relationship since being punished by Financial Fair Play
  • Fans boo the theme song after feeling they have been targeted by organisation
  • As this year's favourites, City will need fans and team to all pull in same direction
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ationship-Man-City-fans-Champions-League.html

For once I’m going to post a link to the Daily Mail.

It’s a fair and balanced article (by Daily Mail standards) asking why City fans aren’t turning up for the CL games.

I wouldn’t bother reading the comments.

Thousands of empty seats and even more shrugged shoulders… the awkward relationship Manchester City fans have with the Champions League
  • Man City's empty stadium vs Lyon shows fans continue to rebel against UEFA
  • They've had an awkward relationship since being punished by Financial Fair Play
  • Fans boo the theme song after feeling they have been targeted by organisation
  • As this year's favourites, City will need fans and team to all pull in same direction
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ationship-Man-City-fans-Champions-League.html
Empty stadium!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.