City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

maybe they left early because they were pissed off at how poor we were second half and the fact that they could all see that Swansea was going to equalise, also I wonder how many of you had to miss a few minutes whilst you went to the toilet because you had one too many before the game or how many of you nipped up to the beer stall a few minutes before half time, in other words, you pay your money so you can come and go as you please, god knows this has been talked about on thread after thread

Leave early because we aren't playing well? Fuck me heard it all now.

The packs leave earlier than full time surprised you can get out with 3 minutes to go compared to full time seriously. I know an old man who sat behind me he had to leave a couple of minutes before the rush, but it started to get earlier and earlier due to fit healthy people fucking off and making it harder for him to leave.
I`m Secretary of our Local Supporters Branch and this same subject was brought up only a week ago.We want to ensure that the Club are made aware that the biggest criticism is the shambolic infrastructure of insufficient metrolink carriages.Some of the traffic lights around these roads also needs to be addressed as some change after about 20 seconds leaving motorists raging.The lights should either be turned off and police used or extend the timing of the lights to enable more cars to get through.I counted on one occasion that only 3 cars got through these lights.Now that is pitiful. ;)

People are free to come and go as they please. It is your choice.
You are no worse/better fan than the next man due to your length of stay.

Personally, I prefer to stay until the end and applaud the players off (based on their performance)
Why? Because I have come to support my team and feel this is how I should support it.

However and very rarely I have attended a 5:30pm kick off and had to be in work by 8:30pm so I have left earlier than usual.
This is justifiable.

Seeing higher than usual volumes of people walking out at 75mins game time is ridiculous and I can guarantee most of them aren't rushing to get to work or whatever so important.
Including injury time thats 20mins.

Do it every league game equates to 380mins of not supporting your team.

The 380 group are probably the first to be on Twatter moaning about how poorly we started in the second half.

Life does get in the way but whilst looking to my right yesterday at the East Stand Level One blocks and seeing the volumes of people walking out - people now are doing this out of habit/"aaaaaah fuck it, I can watch the highlights when I get home "

Good post Ste but you said at the start of it that people are no better/worse fans for staying/leaving and then proceeded to do a proper hatchet job on those early leavers that don't have an understandable reason for doing so!

Last edited:
I`m Secretary of our Local Supporters Branch and this same subject was brought up only a week ago.We want to ensure that the Club are made aware that the biggest criticism is the shambolic infrastructure of insufficient metrolink carriages.Some of the traffic lights around these roads also needs to be addressed as some change after about 20 seconds leaving motorists raging.The lights should either be turned off and police used or extend the timing of the lights to enable more cars to get through.I counted on one occasion that only 3 cars got through these lights.Now that is pitiful. ;)

Fully agree it has been shite since 2003, I hate the area around the ground it's a nightmare. The fact no special trams are put on is a joke, fans should block the tracks till they do something!

Good post Ste but you said at the start of of it that people are no better/worse fans for staying/leaving and then proceeded to do a proper hatchet job on those early leavers that don't have an understandable reason for doing so!
Lol... I'm not better of a supporter than them, as I said they are free to come and go as they please.
However at the amount of people regularly leaving early common sense tells me they all aren't desperate to get to work on a Sunday afternoon.

More probable Sunday roast is waiting at home ;)

Rather people just tell the fucking truth and say: "yea, I left early today because I wanted to get home to please the whingeing wife who has made my tea, and then watch the Rags on SlySports"

I actually get home quicker from the stadium in 2017 than say 2005 when there weren't as many people.

The couple next to me left on 76 minutes with the score at 1-0. Their choice but I really don't understand it. I never leave early after a childhood of my dad dragging me away 10 minutes or more before the end of so many games and missing plenty of late goals.
Our kid? You just sent me a text saying you were on a conference call and would speak to me later. ;-)

You pay your money, you are entitled to leave whenever you want.
But don't kid yourself that you are as good a fan as the people that stay to applaud the team off at the end.
Don't kid yourself that you aren't making the club look bad.
Don't kid yourself that you're anything but a box ticking half arsed type of a fan.
Don't kid yourself that because you've been going for 50 years that you've earned the right to leave early; you haven't - it's just that you've always been a crap fan.

Each to there own, I've probably seen 1 kick off In the last 3 seasons, I get to my seat anywhere between the 3rd & 15th Minute due to drinking in town and then getting a black cab just before kick off. I've only ever left early once but that was on the 37th Minute because me and my mate fancied going back to town. No buzz better than a last minute goal and would hate to miss one and surely after Gillingham & QPR everyone else would say there is no better feeling. We all pay good money though so its our choice. I left the Nou Camp at half time because I couldn't get a beer in the ground ha doesn't mean I'm a shit fan.... I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.