City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

To be clear - I never leave early, however - Maybe I have misread this, but it appears i aM reading someone who says as a “fact” (not opinion) leaving early means they are not a fan…. And then someone replies saying it vexes the real fans - some of which never even went at all and sat on their arses watching on TV ?
i personally can’t get my head around why some people always leave early but I also can’t get my head around those that bugger off 10 mins before half time for a pint or arrive 5 mins late first/second half because of the same reason. 168 hours in a week and people cant last 2 of those hours from ko to FT without a pint
You make a good point but I will counter with this:

1) if the service was better at the ground then people might not leave earlier at half time
2) if the turnstiles worked better / quicker people might not be in late plus traffic can get busy around the stadium these days
3) For some having a pint is part of the day, plus it was probably needed some years ago to get through the match so is now a habit

You buy your ticket, arrive when you want, go for a pint when you want, and leave when you want, it's your own business.
Don't argue though that it doesn't look bad when Haaland is going around the pitch after a hattrick acknowledging the fans, and a huge number have already gone. Or when he's being honoured for breaking the goal scoring record, or we needed a late winner against Everton last year, and huge numbers have left, don't pretend that doesn't feed into the "City Fans are flaky" narrative. The people who stay to the end to "support" the team and the players are just different, but be free to leave whenever you please.
Rather than critise early leavers, I'm more impressed with the numbers that can get to so many games, juggling family, work, weather, transport and cost, so if you need to go early, that's fine, thanks for coming and making the effort. I suspect some critics of early leavers don't go to as many games as those they attack for departing early. The additional playing time this year might make the problem worse, or better, they may realise how much they're missing after minute 80.
Interesting for me that for Madrid at home I was very vocal about the club's ticketing policy excluding true blues, and potentially ruining the athmosphere with tourists, and non-City fans. I was the only one of our group of 5 Match Day buyers to get a RM ticket, sitting on my left was an Asian girl and on my right was a Middle Eastern guy. They were in their seats well before kick off, didn't go early for half-time pints, were in their seats before the start of the second half, and stayed well after the finish, they joined the songs and were asking me the words, the athmosphere that night was special. Many "tourists" do really add to it, rather than dilute it. But I get it, being "up for" a UCL home semi-final second leg is easy, and it gives nobody the right to criticise those who leave a bit early at home to Fulham on a wet Saturday afternoon.
If you normally leave early, maybe try stay a bit longer than normal, if you can't or won't, then no worries, try to make good use of the extra few minutes! Peace Brothers.

For what it's worth, I do think the biggest six stadiums being the worst for this (really flawed method) study says it all. Getting 50k+ and 25k fans from a location is the killer.

To be clear - I never leave early, however - Maybe I have misread this, but it appears i aM reading someone who says as a “fact” (not opinion) leaving early means they are not a fan…. And then someone replies saying it vexes the real fans - some of which never even went at all and sat on their arses watching on TV ?
i personally can’t get my head around why some people always leave early but I also can’t get my head around those that bugger off 10 mins before half time for a pint or arrive 5 mins late first/second half because of the same reason. 168 hours in a week and people cant last 2 of those hours from ko to FT without a pint
Completely agree about the half time stuff, which seems to attract a lot less criticism but, for me at least, is more prominent at a lot of games these days.

Practically all areas of the ground - not just the hospitality seats - are thinned out for the 10 minutes before and after half time, and I’m sure lots of people miss getting on for half an hour of the game.

I find this much harder to understand than leaving early with 5 minutes to go, particularly for people with kids or who have a long journey ahead of them, but as you say it seems a lot of people can’t handle a couple of hours without having a pint of watered down lager.

Completely agree about the half time stuff, which seems to attract a lot less criticism but, for me at least, is more prominent at a lot of games these days.

Practically all areas of the ground - not just the hospitality seats - are thinned out for the 10 minutes before and after half time, and I’m sure lots of people miss getting on for half an hour of the game.

I find this much harder to understand than leaving early with 5 minutes to go, particularly for people with kids or who have a long journey ahead of them, but as you say it seems a lot of people can’t handle a couple of hours without having a pint of watered down lager.
The game itself or the team can't be that important to them. No one can convince me otherwise. My theory is they're simply going to the game out of habit and stuck in their ways. The older people get the more they hate change and can't change. It's kind've understandable when you're watching dross but this is the best team in the world and if you can't stay to watch brilliance then you cant be that interested or bothered.

The game itself or the team can't be that important to them. No one can convince me otherwise. My theory is they're simply going to the game out of habit and stuck in their ways. The older people get the more they hate change and can't change. It's kind've understandable when you're watching dross but this is the best team in the world and if you can't stay to watch brilliance then you cant be that interested or bothered.
A lot of the 'older people' you mention have been supporting City home, away, across land and sea to Europe and beyond for nigh on 50 years. Some even longer. These 'older people' have spent a genuine fortune on travel and tickets and invested an inordinate amount of money, time and effort watching games. These 'older people' have missed important family occasions and important times at work to follow City. So if these 'older people' want to leave ten minutes early when we are 3-0 up at home to Brentford or Luton, then that's OK with me. These 'older people' also get a little bit sick and tired of a johnny cum lately patronising them and telling them when they can and can't leave the stadium. I know. I'm one of those 'older people'.

You buy your ticket, arrive when you want, go for a pint when you want, and leave when you want, it's your own business.
Don't argue though that it doesn't look bad when Haaland is going around the pitch after a hattrick acknowledging the fans, and a huge number have already gone. Or when he's being honoured for breaking the goal scoring record, or we needed a late winner against Everton last year, and huge numbers have left, don't pretend that doesn't feed into the "City Fans are flaky" narrative. The people who stay to the end to "support" the team and the players are just different, but be free to leave whenever you please.
Rather than critise early leavers, I'm more impressed with the numbers that can get to so many games, juggling family, work, weather, transport and cost, so if you need to go early, that's fine, thanks for coming and making the effort. I suspect some critics of early leavers don't go to as many games as those they attack for departing early. The additional playing time this year might make the problem worse, or better, they may realise how much they're missing after minute 80.
Interesting for me that for Madrid at home I was very vocal about the club's ticketing policy excluding true blues, and potentially ruining the athmosphere with tourists, and non-City fans. I was the only one of our group of 5 Match Day buyers to get a RM ticket, sitting on my left was an Asian girl and on my right was a Middle Eastern guy. They were in their seats well before kick off, didn't go early for half-time pints, were in their seats before the start of the second half, and stayed well after the finish, they joined the songs and were asking me the words, the athmosphere that night was special. Many "tourists" do really add to it, rather than dilute it. But I get it, being "up for" a UCL home semi-final second leg is easy, and it gives nobody the right to criticise those who leave a bit early at home to Fulham on a wet Saturday afternoon.
If you normally leave early, maybe try stay a bit longer than normal, if you can't or won't, then no worries, try to make good use of the extra few minutes! Peace Brothers.
It is mad though..everyone rightly saying football's too expensive..opportunity for more minutes to watch at no extra cost = Nahh...WTF where's the logic ..i suppose those who do leave early hae money to burn..can't really be work etc as the KO times and days we play are all over the place ..we have about 3 3pm KO's which is sad but that's for another day!

Does your moniker refer to City or is it short for Moss Side’s Finest Fan …….. Meeeee !!!!

Got some news for you pal- you aren’t any more of a real fan than the guy who leaves on 70 mins.

You’re less of a real fan in many eyes because you’re the type of needy, deluded “look at me everybody I’m a Superfan” who tries to denigrate other blues.

A grown man calling a fellow supporter a disgrace for leaving early when he knows nothing of the circumstances involved is of course the type of keyboard warrior nonsense prevalent on Bluemoon - bet you don’t say a peep to early leavers in real life, if you even go to the games that is
Absolute horse shit mate. If you leave on 70 mins you aren’t that arsed about it all at all, end of

I’ve said this before and I shall say it again. The club don’t care what you do, they’ve got your money and by leaving earlier make it cheaper for them to manage/police the crowds, i.e. less cost in personnel. If they did care then surely they’d have surveyed us for the various reasons by now.

Now things might change once there’s something to do after the game (when the arena is up and running) and they want more of your money, but I doubt it will change much for night games.

IMO, 10 to 20% of people at least will have very good reasons for getting away sharpish; long journeys back, difficult public transport connections, babysitters/caring duties/pets, own health reasons, knackered after a long day at work/preparing for the next day at work, family events and so on. Probably loads more reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.