City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I was at the stadium today, passing as my other half was picking us up from asda (long story) but stopped off to take pics of my little one outside the ground. Noticed a load of people who'd been on the ground tour stood by the badge on the floor by the main entrance taking pics, wearing city shirts, but one had a united tracksuit top on over his city shirt. And yes without stereotyping they were japanese/chinese something (sorry!). Now what bugs me is THIS is who city are happy to sell seats to when we don't renew.. how can anyone have a rag top on and a city top..
(now i'm renewing, always want to... but only can afford it this time as i'd missed so many matches having a baby this season that i'm getting about £300 off! This time next year i don't know how i will renew.)

Two of em in front of me at the last home game with a bulging bags under there seats from the swamp superstore, and they wonder why I'm not renewing

I was at the stadium today, passing as my other half was picking us up from asda (long story) but stopped off to take pics of my little one outside the ground. Noticed a load of people who'd been on the ground tour stood by the badge on the floor by the main entrance taking pics, wearing city shirts, but one had a united tracksuit top on over his city shirt. And yes without stereotyping they were japanese/chinese something (sorry!). Now what bugs me is THIS is who city are happy to sell seats to when we don't renew.. how can anyone have a rag top on and a city top..
(now i'm renewing, always want to... but only can afford it this time as i'd missed so many matches having a baby this season that i'm getting about £300 off! This time next year i don't know how i will renew.)

I understand what you are saying; but my son was on a football tour and part of it was a visit around of Old Trafford - I was really proud of him that he wore a Man City shirt on the tour!!!

What really makes my blood boil is early leavers pushing past to get tot he aisles and the streams going up the aisles making it difficult to see the game without standing up! Early leavers then stop in the aisle when a shout goes up, they also stop to take selfies on the way out WTF!

Why is it? His suggestion is a sensible one. He's not saying that season ticket holders can't miss 2 games a season - he's saying that if someone misses 2 games where they haven't notified the club in advance of their non-attendance then sanctions should be applied. I mean, how hard would it be for an individual to let the club know that they're not able to attend a game? Granted, if it's a last minute emergency it might be the last thing on someone's mind and that could happen to any of us, but that's where the leeway of 2 games comes in - personally, I'd probably up it to 3.

The fact is that some City fans are being denied access to tickets at certain games due to non-attending season ticket holders who can't be arsed sticking their tickets up on the ticket exchange.

This is complete and utter bollocks and I will gladly tell you why. When I was working I worked away on a week on/ week off basis. This meant I missed a large proportion of home games but I kept my season ticket going. Prior to the ticket exchange I contacted the club and told them once the fixtures were printed I could tell them exactly the games I would miss and they could reactivate my ticket and sell it on but no one was interested. Fast forward to the ticket exchange and if I am going to miss a game I place it up for sale but the only games I have ever sold was against the rags and Arsenal at home last season. Tickets are being put up for sale but City fans for whatever reason are not buying them, then coming on here whining season ticket holders are selfish and they can't get a ticket. Bollocks I say again!

Very few fans who have already paid for a seat miss games without a good reason. Fans without season tickets need to join whatever scheme is available and actually buy the tickets for sale. I will tell you why they aren't doing so it is because many are cherry picking games and can't be bothered buying an available seat for the less attractive games, that is the truth of the matter!

I understand what you are saying; but my son was on a football tour and part of it was a visit around of Old Trafford - I was really proud of him that he wore a Man City shirt on the tour!!!

hehe yeah but i bet your son was not wearing a united jacket with a united badge on over his city shirt like these guys did on the city tour?! Wear a city shirt on a tour of the swamp to wind em up by all means, and if some rag wants to wear a rag shirt on a city tour then well ok, it the foreign fans who think it is absolutely acceptable to support and wear both clubs gear at the same time that makes my mind explode!

Oh and all this talk of being punished if you don't use your ticket - i've said before how i have not missed home games in about 25 years unless ill, so most season missed none, a few missed 1 or 2. This season i missed 9!!!! Do i deserve to be sanctioned?! Or not "rewarded"?! I have an excuse, i gave birth in Sept and both us us weren't well at first, and later on i couldn't leave him and float off to games. I'm hoping to get back to normal city wise from August, but i guess i deserve a dressing down by city and more importantly the seat counters.. maybe publically flogged or something.. but hang on, my seat was only empty at the stoke game as no one wanted it on ticket exchange, the other 8 games sold. So no empty seat for the red pen circlers! The people around me did inform me that it is usually foreign tourists who buy the ticket exchange seats, probbly in a rag top eh ;)

Two of em in front of me at the last home game with a bulging bags under there seats from the swamp superstore, and they wonder why I'm not renewing

I am wondering why you are not renewing? It's a slightly annoying but I would hardly give up years of support because of it.

This is complete and utter bollocks and I will gladly tell you why. When I was working I worked away on a week on/ week off basis. This meant I missed a large proportion of home games but I kept my season ticket going. Prior to the ticket exchange I contacted the club and told them once the fixtures were printed I could tell them exactly the games I would miss and they could reactivate my ticket and sell it on but no one was interested. Fast forward to the ticket exchange and if I am going to miss a game I place it up for sale but the only games I have ever sold was against the rags and Arsenal at home last season. Tickets are being put up for sale but City fans for whatever reason are not buying them, then coming on here whining season ticket holders are selfish and they can't get a ticket. Bollocks I say again!

Very few fans who have already paid for a seat miss games without a good reason. Fans without season tickets need to join whatever scheme is available and actually buy the tickets for sale. I will tell you why they aren't doing so it is because many are cherry picking games and can't be bothered buying an available seat for the less attractive games, that is the truth of the matter!

I know you would think the way people go on there is this huge demand for tickets and some poor loyal city fan is being forced to watch it in the pub rather than realise there dream of attending matches.

If memory serves me correct tickets go on sale at the start of the season for every home match so anybody wanting tickets for Leicester has had a period of nine months to get one or any other game for that matter.

With the new capacity there is not a massive demand exceeding supply and picking up tickets for home matches is not particularly difficult for the vast majority of games and even for the biggest of matches you only have to show a reasonable amount of previous attendance.

I know you would think the way people go on there is this huge demand for tickets and some poor loyal city fan is being forced to watch it in the pub rather than realise there dream of attending matches.

If memory serves me correct tickets go on sale at the start of the season for every home match so anybody wanting tickets for Leicester has had a period of nine months to get one or any other game for that matter.

With the new capacity there is not a massive demand exceeding supply and picking up tickets for home matches is not particularly difficult for the vast majority of games and even for the biggest of matches you only have to show a reasonable amount of previous attendance.

Spot on Frank, down here in Devon a couple of fellow Mancs tell me how they would love to see City live but when I tell them that they can get tickets for almost every game months in advance they change the subject, come the start of next season they will be asking me to visit the club shop to get them the latest shirt.
Fact is the ground is to big City should have filled the corners in and not done the south stand extention a stadium of 49000 to 50000 would be big enough and we would have no one complaining about leaving S/S level 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.