City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Nice photos JRB, but I don't think they show a big problem at all. Rather than swathes of empty seats they show a small number in the corporate hospitality area which is hardly a surprise for a fixture against Fulham. Not ideal, but I bet if you took same photo at Wembley, Anfield, Emirates, OT etc for same fixture you'd find similar problem. If you hve corporate hospitality seating, accept that they are going to pick and choose their games.

I am more interested in the Lyon game as a bellweather. Hoping for 50k to match last season (Napoli)

My wife and I are in block 326 Colin Bell, there are regulars who arrive late, every match, and leave early, every match, I can't get my head round it, but without a doubt, corporates or no corporates, there are large empty bits all over the shop week in week out.

There's no point in pretending there isn't.

I just checked Lyon ticket availability on the City website and the 3rd tiers of East, South and Colin Bell stands are greyed out which suggests that either they've all sold out (unlikely) or that all three tiers are closed (also unlikely IMO). Very strange.

Level 3 tickets not on sale on the web site for the Lyon game, probably in an attempt to fill the lower tiers.

We are in East level 1 and get people coming in after 20 minutes and starting to level on 75 minutes. Don't get me going on the how early they make for the bar at halftime!

I just checked Lyon ticket availability on the City website and the 3rd tiers of East, South and Colin Bell stands are greyed out which suggests that either they've all sold out (unlikely) or that all three tiers are closed (also unlikely IMO). Very strange.
More likely they are looking to sell tickets in tiers 1 and 2 first so aren't offering level 3 to open sale (looks better on TV as third tier isn't really noticeable unless the cameras specifically shoe the stand/crowd). There will likely still be cup scheme people in the third tier though.

More likely they are looking to sell tickets in tiers 1 and 2 first so aren't offering level 3 to open sale (looks better on TV as third tier isn't really noticeable unless the cameras specifically shoe the stand/crowd). There will likely still be cup scheme people in the third tier though.

That would explain it. The rags always sell off cup tickets in the lower tiers first but (I hear) instruct TV companies not to pan their cameras to the top tiers for fear of showing empty seats. As an extra insurance policy in case of a stray "uncomplimentary" camera angle they also dim the lights in the upper tiers.

My wife and I are in block 326 Colin Bell, there are regulars who arrive late, every match, and leave early, every match, I can't get my head round it, but without a doubt, corporates or no corporates, there are large empty bits all over the shop week in week out.

There's no point in pretending there isn't.
I was commenting on JRB's photo which shows a pretty full ground. I know there are people who turn up late, sit in boxes etc or don't even turn up at all, but the numbers overall are small, and that's what the photo shows (in my opinion).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.