City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

That argument doesn't hold up. Lots of people are on the move after 35 minutes to go to the concourse bar.
People arrive late. People go for a piss. Its a stadium with 53,000 in it. It isn't like watching the opera.
Actually it does hold up because its bloody annoying.

Agreed, but people are different and they’ll do what they do. I do wonder if some of it is just habit based, rather than any other reason.

We’re time poor as a society and it’s only getting worse.

I wonder if anyone has done an experiment of staying 10 mins after the game and whether that makes it a quieter and less packed exit and how much time you actually save by going on 89 mins.

I also wonder what the new covered fan zone will do. It might mean some fans stay behind for a drink to let the traffic/public transport clear.
Not an experiment as such, but over the years I've realised if I start my 100 mile trip "home" after a game immediately after the final whistle, I get back about the same time as when I have a couple of post-match scoops in The Townley.

So, stay to the end and the Townley it is then, no brainer. It took the mrs a couple of years to realise that I always drive up to the game and she always seems to drive back. She now claims it's to facilitate post-match drinks, which is a scandalous accusation ; )

To drive a huge hole through your argument it's not necessarily the same people leaving every game either which lends credence to my point that circumstances in peoples' lives differ from week to week and some of the time they have other places they need / want to be.

More broadly though I think you, wilfully or otherwise, misjudge the motivation of these people. They aren't seeking to improve the atmosphere like many of the guys who post sensibly on the atmosphere thread. They are seeking to self praise by criticising other blues presumably because like all bullies it makes them feel temporarily better at the hand life's dealt them. As i keep saying, it's needy, delusional and pitiful to an extent. I feel a certain amount of sympathy for some of them.

I don't see a 444 page thread about fans who miss parts of the game to buy food or alcohol.

No 444 page thread dedicated to non singers.
Deluded...

We're gonna need a new batch of superfan badges to post out mate which i'll sort out today.

I also think it would be useful if some of these superfans could get together and create an instruction manual on how to be a "proper supporter" - i'd find that so useful
Turn up in time to welcome the team onto the pitch.

Applaud the team off at half time and back on at the start of the second half.

At the end of the game applaud the team off irrespective of the score.

During the game join in the singing, make encouraging noises if you think it will help the players. Clap if you enjoyed something one of our players did. Swear loudly at anything the opposition does.

Never leave early.

Never say you've been supporting City for 50 years. It's only the current game that matters. A fan who paid £400 for his first City game who makes a noise is better than you are.

Not difficult. I'm not asking anyone to go full kit Wanker or strip to the waist Geordie style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.