City fans rushed by Spanish Police

BillyMC said:
bartinbarca2 said:
I think I worked out why and how this happened now. It’s a lame excuse but the most likely one.
In Spain if a member of the public complains about noise nuisance the police have to act , the perpetrators is supposed to get a 300 euro fine each, in this given situation I guess there was a number of blues, battering them was saving paper work.
It would have most likely been as well the bar owner would have been hit with a fine regardless.

Our club should have taken sometime out to do some local research and find out signing is not allowed unless you have permission in Spain and also warned us the police tend to take a hard line.

I was in the bar and I dont recall people singing...certainly nothing boisterous. People were having a beer and the bar owner had prepared a ton of food/baguettes which were going down very well. There were women and kids sat around , a very civilised environment. This was far from a group of City's more boisterous fans.

And lets not forget this was in the evening next to one of the largest football stadiums in the world, an hour or so before KO in a amajor game...we were not walking around an art gallery!!!!

This was far from a group of City's more boisterous fans.

If it had been, there would have been more serious beatings... because there would have been a stronger, more responsive retaliation I'm sure. The spanish police are no better than they were in 1982 world cup.... and I was there to witness it.

Well their country is already in a shit state economically, i can only suggest you boycott any further spanish trips to help it along its merry way to oblivion...

levets said:
BillyMC said:
bartinbarca2 said:
I think I worked out why and how this happened now. It’s a lame excuse but the most likely one.
In Spain if a member of the public complains about noise nuisance the police have to act , the perpetrators is supposed to get a 300 euro fine each, in this given situation I guess there was a number of blues, battering them was saving paper work.
It would have most likely been as well the bar owner would have been hit with a fine regardless.

Our club should have taken sometime out to do some local research and find out signing is not allowed unless you have permission in Spain and also warned us the police tend to take a hard line.

I was in the bar and I dont recall people singing...certainly nothing boisterous. People were having a beer and the bar owner had prepared a ton of food/baguettes which were going down very well. There were women and kids sat around , a very civilised environment. This was far from a group of City's more boisterous fans.

And lets not forget this was in the evening next to one of the largest football stadiums in the world, an hour or so before KO in a amajor game...we were not walking around an art gallery!!!!

This was far from a group of City's more boisterous fans.

If it had been, there would have been more serious beatings... because there would have been a stronger, more responsive retaliation I'm sure. The spanish police are no better than they were in 1982 world cup.... and I was there to witness it.

This is what I don't get, our taxi dropped us off at the opposite side of the ground from the away entrance, where we were warned not to go. We drank and chatted with the Madrid fans, were very drunk and probably (unintentionally) more of a nuisance than the bar that got baton charged and the Police didn't seem to care?

BezzMCFC said:
bartinbarca2 said:

this not being allowed to sing in spanish streets is bull shit at villareal there was bout 4k blues singingin the streets drinking poluce just stood n watched . these guys were thugs
BillyMC said:
bartinbarca2 said:

bartinbarca2 said:

Between the three of you probably is the truth.

I was wondering if a call had gone through that someone was dealing drugs there. Before anyone starts, i don´t think for a second there was, but all it needs is some prick from the public or another bar owner who may well have been pissed off that guy was coining it and the Bill show.

There are plenty of incidents of neighbours or other bar owners ringing the police to complain and the bar owner getting a fine. Despite having all the licences and sound proofing, a guy near us was fined €1500 for loud music at a live gig. He doesn´t do live gigs anymore. He didn´t get the money back for the 7 months unused time either.

I was at Villareal last year and everything was peaceful, a difference in economic climate has made people more jumpy. Doesn´t condone anything but it s how it is at the moment. It was also unlikely anyone complained last year, so the old bill are certainly not going to go out of their way to make work. Unfortunately for those lads that got hit, it was probably easier for the coppers to do that than get everyone in and all the paperwork that goes with it. Not fair? Certainly not.

The bottom line is that it aint worth the hassle. Most people are only in the country 48 hours and if they want you to move, just move. There are always other bars about and the locals know the coppers can be dickheads. It really doesn´t need much to provoke them. It´s a shame as it can stop a really good atomosphere building. They just don´t have the experience of dealing with large numbers of away fans every week as people rarely travel to away games. The story will be entirely different in Germany, their coppers have experience and will have the savvy to deal with it. The attitude stinks in Spain and it is largely due to failing to understand cultural differences and lack of control and experience.

These were the same coppers who were laughing after we got stormed at a bar by there cowardly ultras 25 off them and 11 of us including 3 women just to pinch our flags.They have put on their ultra website it was 20 of them against 25 of us,cowards and bullys every one of them,soon ran when we regrouped even though there was only 8 of us.Doddy and the Shameless Crew

danebanksheik said:
Couple of years old but
Spanish Firemen fight police - ffs who are these police animals
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvORqw9QIxg&feature=related[/youtube]

my mate's a spanish fireman - so are his 2 sons called jose and hose b

uzxr51e5xrnasa6.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.