City fans rushed by Spanish Police

stonel said:
artfuldodger said:
Article re the police violence in the 'i' by Simon Keiner, who was there.
who is simon keiner

Former editor of the Independent and a Blue.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/hei-fi/views/simon-kelner-all-white-on-the-night-but-tainted-by-their-history-8159525.html?origin=internalSearch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/hei-fi/vie ... rnalSearch</a>

Maintainin said:
Tbilisi said:
ob said:
Just been talking to Barry about that mate and Pam showed me the photos of Mick - awful #scumbags

Cowards,bet non of there ultras turn up at our place,they could have a proper fight then if they wanted to...hold on,not equal numbers,women and kids...sure they werent Rags?
Lets keep thangs in perspective n' not over insanuate the issue ...nowt to do with their fans or Ultras !

It's the overzealous Madrid Police FORCE who are at fault !!!

That's funny because the local residents identified them as Madrid Ultras, And no one is insanuating the issue, just stating the facts !

Raffmanc said:

That's funny because the local residents identified them as Madrid Ultras, And no one is insanuating the issue, just stating the facts ![/quote]

We went into that pub about 20 minutes later (they were still mopping the floor) Everone said it was the Police, NO mention of Ultras.

Were there no English police over there? A bloke I work with who's a rag says that when they go away in Europe often GMP send a few over to observe and assist, they have no real power but their presence sometimes stops problems before they start. If true our club may want to adopt this tactic if possible, if nothing else there'd be some reliable witnesses?

Raffmanc said:
Maintainin said:
Tbilisi said:
Cowards,bet non of there ultras turn up at our place,they could have a proper fight then if they wanted to...hold on,not equal numbers,women and kids...sure they werent Rags?
Lets keep thangs in perspective n' not over insanuate the issue ...nowt to do with their fans or Ultras !

That's funny because the local residents identified them as Madrid Ultras, And no one is insanuating the issue, just stating the facts !
Read my above post ;-)

DaveH said:
Raffmanc said:

We went into that pub about 20 minutes later (they were still mopping the floor) Everone said it was the Police, NO mention of Ultras.[/quote]

Are you talking/thinking of the same bar ? We were in the La Segoviana Bar and they definitley were not police that rushed us. I spoke to 2 locals who spoke English and Translated to the police and it was them who identified the mob as the Madrid Ultras. At the end of the day a few of us were injured one (Mick) badly. Plus it seems it wasn't just us that experienced bad hostility. I'm sure they wont be over here acting like that, and our police wont be as rough !<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 pm --<br /><br />
Maintainin said:
Raffmanc said:
Maintainin said:

Read my above post ;-)

Sorry missed them. ok

Raffmanc said:
DaveH said:
Raffmanc said:

We went into that pub about 20 minutes later (they were still mopping the floor) Everone said it was the Police, NO mention of Ultras.

Are you talking/thinking of the same bar ? We were in the La Segoviana Bar and they definitley were not police that rushed us. I spoke to 2 locals who spoke English and Translated to the police and it was them who identified the mob as the Madrid Ultras. At the end of the day a few of us were injured one (Mick) badly. Plus it seems it wasn't just us that experienced bad hostility. I'm sure they wont be over here acting like that, and our police wont be as rough !

-- Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 pm --

Maintainin said:
Raffmanc said:
Maintainin said:

Read my above post ;-)

Sorry missed them. ok[/quote]

No probz Raff.

Snoopy-do said:
Thats the spanish police, greets from Dortmund. Ask our supporters what that sucking spanish police did to us!

Franco Generation sucks!

I went to the Dortmund game in Madrid a few years ago (the one when Jan Koller opened the scoring in the snow but Dortmund lost 2-1)
Dortmund fans singing and making lots of noise in Sol square. Everything fairly calm until a massive charge by the local police.
If the Champions League has taught me one thing it's the fact that the best value for money is when City play in Germany.

lita69 said:
Were there no English police over there? A bloke I work with who's a rag says that when they go away in Europe often GMP send a few over to observe and assist, they have no real power but their presence sometimes stops problems before they start. If true our club may want to adopt this tactic if possible, if nothing else there'd be some reliable witnesses?

Yes PC Cliff Leigh, but he wasnt with the Spanish Police, seems like he was
on a Jolly, indicident was reported to him but he didnt give a fuck.

Whitworth Park said:
lita69 said:

Yes PC Cliff Leigh, but he wasnt with the Spanish Police, seems like he was
on a Jolly, indicident was reported to him but he didnt give a fuck.

Bang out of order. I know PC Cliff Leigh. First he is a big city fan. He has always looked to treat City fans properly and with respect, (unlike others in the same line of work) I did not see the incidnt being reported to him and it seems like you didnt either but I call bullshit because he is simply not like that. He was there as police officer but with out any official duties, i.e. being able to tell a spanish cop how to do his job. I will re state he is a big city fan and I think second hand throw away comments are cheap and shitty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.