City fans' view towards the Champions League

Do you enjoy the Champions League?

• Total voters
City winning anything still astounds me. I’ve had a season ticket just short of 40 years and so have never tied my support of City to winning trophies, it’s never a factor in why I go to games, I’d go regardless.

But if I had to rank the four competitions we compete for, it’d be fourth. If I was offered the chance to go to Istanbul or the Everton home game, it’s Everton in a heartbeat.

I’ve been on the Champions League cup scheme every year, done my share of aways, but to me it’s no more romantic or important than the League Cup. Probably less so given the shambles at the top of UEFA.
agree with you totally, I have been a season ticket holder for fifty two years and I am also in all the cup schemes but domestic competitions mean more to me but I would dearly love to win in Istanbul just to stick it up the corrupt UEFA mafia

Do I enjoy the Champions League?

Honest answer... sometimes.

Firstly, it has to be said that I don’t enjoy lockdown non-attendance football even 10% as much as I enjoy attending football in normal times. As happy as I was on Tuesday night, I was also fucking pissed off that I wasn’t there to experience it. I’ll feel the same about the final, win or lose.

But that’s just one of those things we can’t do owt about... thanks a fucking bunch China!

I really enjoyed the comeback win against Pep’s Bayern, beating Barça when they were still good, that first leg against Monaco is one of the best games of football I’ve ever attended, the second leg against Spurs (I know, but it was a cracking game!), and the games against Dortmund and Paris this year. But that’s not many games in ten years at all.

A lot of the rest of the time, even when we win, I’m anything between bored and frustrated. A dull Group Stage game is a chore to attend (although I’ve still not missed one), but as the rounds progress the feel of it all increases in importance, intensity and enjoyment. And I can’t be arsed listening to these fucking tedious drummer boy band geek away fans, but those big home games when our atmosphere drowns them out or it’s an all-English game makes up for that.

And I despise all the shit that surrounds the competition, and the shit that’s targeted at City. Especially that core group of the G14. But this makes me want to win the competition even more, and I think I’d enjoy the final (should we win) as much as any City game ever.

It’s still mixed feelings about the competition as a whole, but there’s been no mixed feelings in the semifinals and certainly won’t be for the final. I’m fucking buzzing about the final, and this is with only feeling 10% as buzzing as I would be if it was normal times and I was going.

Don't like it as a competition and very rarely watch games if City aren't playing. It's a farce of a competition when you take into account that neither Chelsea or City were 'champions' last season.

Obviously, I always want City to win but, as a competition, I'm not particularly bothered whether we win it or not, but it would be nice for Pep, the players, and the owners.

Don't like it as a competition and very rarely watch games if City aren't playing. It's a farce of a competition when you take into account that neither Chelsea or City were 'champions' last season.

Obviously, I always want City to win but, as a competition, I'm not particularly bothered whether we win it or not, but it would be nice for Pep, the players, and the owners.

Always want City to win , but not bothered if City dont win it ???
City will be Champions soon, hopefully Champions of Europe too.

It excited me before we were in it .I used to look forward to seeing the European giants going head to head in knockout stages when I was a teenager .I guess it never dawned on me how corrupt and fixed it it's before we were involved in it.

First season qualifying for it and taking part was stuff of my wildest dreams . Then the negative commentary and press ,the Liverpool and spurs games just destroyed my enthusiasm for it ..

Much rather win the premier league but I have to say i got that special feeling back being involved In the semis and making the final .. I guess id love to win it once just to shut them up and for Pep and the players so they can get that weight off their shoulders .personally then I'm not sure what il think about it next season .. probably be nice to win it loads of times just to ruin it for the rags and the dippers as they always want to lord it over us with the amount of times they have won it ..

I want us to win everything we enter, but I also see the UEFA Champions League for what it really is - an 'almost' closed shop that purely exists to "create content" that makes money for a select few - we were just really lucky that we got investment just before they really started closing the lid.

I don't believe you.

I want us to win everything we enter, but I also see the UEFA Champions League for what it really is - an 'almost' closed shop that purely exists to "create content" that makes money for a select few - we were just really lucky that we got investment just before they really started closing the lid.

The same applies for the premier league too doesn't it.

The same applies for the premier league too doesn't it.
I don't disgaree, but PL is "slightly" different in that the league isn't structured to make sure the same teams get through as far as possible every single year - the money makes that happen.

The UEFA CL goes further, the clubs are seeded to give benefit to the teams that are in it every year, they are then 6 games groups to make sure the big teams don't slip up - and of course the money. So the actual competition set up from the qualifiers all the way to the latter rounds is a benefit to the "seeded teams". They even invented rules to try to stop other clubs catching up....FFP.

Then, you can add in things like VAR and make it even more controllable (that also works for the PL, imagine a big club who never won the league suddenly getting every decision whilst their rivals didn't)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.