City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Blue Maverick said:
Heard a nice rumour The other day that Tixi and co are deep in negotiations over Messi, they need a marquee signing to tip us over the edge and global shirt sales, rumour is Aguero and Yaya plus £30 million for Messi. Their wages would more than make up his, obviously that means we lose another forward but I guess they would have their eye on someone else as well.
they can't register any new players until Jan 2016. I highly doubt we would even consider selling Aguero.

Blue Maverick said:
Heard a nice rumour The other day that Tixi and co are deep in negotiations over Messi, they need a marquee signing to tip us over the edge and global shirt sales, rumour is Aguero and Yaya plus £30 million for Messi. Their wages would more than make up his, obviously that means we lose another forward but I guess they would have their eye on someone else as well.
Complete bollocks.

aguero93:20 said:
Blue Maverick said:
I really doubt we'd include Aguero in any deal even if Barca were allowed to register new players.

Surely it's Messi and £30m for Aguero???

fbloke said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Well well , Messrs Wenger and Platini , not forgetting our German friend Herr Rummenige , here comes an object lesson in being careful what you wish for!
You pontificated to us that football clubs should be run on a sustainable business model ( even though your FFP bears virtually no resemblance to normal business practices) - well guess what? You're going to see a business the like of which has never been seen before in football.
How are you planning to stop us now?

Didn't Khaldoon say how much he would love to give another end of season interview in2020 in which he and "our friends at UEFA" compare UEFA's FFP business model and City's high investment model, so we could all see which was better? He seemed pretty sure of himself! Wonder what City's turnover will be by then!

I think its reasonable to say that City, unlike UEFA and a few others, were playing the long game and had no stress about the viability of the MCFC and CFG business model after the initial, accelerated investment.

What I find remarkable is the myopic viewpoint of all clubs pre-Sheikh Mansour.

The more I see and hear about the way the CFG is being formed and operated the more I realise how limited, nay lazy, the owners and boards of mufc, munich, barca, real and all the rest have been.

The 'business' of football has one leading owner now and the rest still havent figured out how far behind they will fall and it will be a decade before they wake up to the new reality, and that will be something the cannot catch up.

As Khaldoon said, lets see how it looks in 2020
Yep, by the time they've realised what's hit them, it'll all be too late.

fbloke said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Well well , Messrs Wenger and Platini , not forgetting our German friend Herr Rummenige , here comes an object lesson in being careful what you wish for!
You pontificated to us that football clubs should be run on a sustainable business model ( even though your FFP bears virtually no resemblance to normal business practices) - well guess what? You're going to see a business the like of which has never been seen before in football.

Didn't Khaldoon say how much he would love to give another end of season interview in2020 in which he and "our friends at UEFA" compare UEFA's FFP business model and City's high investment model, so we could all see which was better? He seemed pretty sure of himself! Wonder what City's turnover will be by then!

I think its reasonable to say that City, unlike UEFA and a few others, were playing the long game and had no stress about the viability of the MCFC and CFG business model after the initial, accelerated investment.

The more I see and hear about the way the CFG is being formed and operated the more I realise how limited, nay lazy, the owners and boards of mufc, munich, barca, real and all the rest have been.

The 'business' of football has one leading owner now and the rest still havent figured out how far behind they will fall and it will be a decade before they wake up to the new reality, and that will be something the cannot catch up.

Typical of the limited and lazy representatives of football clubs is, of course Stan Kroenke's ventriloquist's dummy, good old Arsene. His reaction to New York City FCC was that Arsenal didn't have any money to "waste" on other teams, they'd spend all their money on Arsenal (no doubt what's left after Kroenke's cut)! This burke has a degree in economics, you know but he can't see that CFG's business is football and allied services. No patronising friendliest once a year where the Gunners take football to the heathen, but football clubs with names the locals can support and watch every week and which can attract sponsorship, develop academies and so on. Now, I wonder if they'll use any of the facilities and services in Manchester....and pay for them? Looking at our CFA I can envisage a state of affairs where Arsenal are one of many clubs paying to use our medical facilities for rehab...and paying us for them. The CFG will coin money in and it would seem that City will make a fair sum from selling services to other clubs in the group. Good old Arsene, as football grows City grow with it: you and the rest of your bunch stop money coming in - and pay the price.

Blue Maverick said:
Mate, I think someone's pulling your pisser there..........

Bluewonder said:
fbloke said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Yep, by the time they've realised what's hit them, it'll all be too late.

Whatever else they are, I don't believe they're stupid. They'll be well aware of what City are doing. That's why they're trying ideas in the same vein now, but they are struggling to repeat it.

Seems a long time since we spent 10,000 on Danny alsop.

fbloke said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Bodicoteblue said:

I think the problem has been that the G14+ Chelsea have been working collectively to block any newcomers spoiling their party.
They were all convinced that their version of FFP was a sure way to stop ADUG.

It was only when the 'goalposts' had to be moved last year that it dawned on them that the Sheik M.'s investment coupled with a decent business plan was something new to them.
Perhaps as you suggest it is laziness but once you get collective agreement it is difficult to break ranks and copy the new model. Also it would require a lot of investment even for the super rich clubs so they put that move on hold watching and hoping.

However, if FFP gets the boot there will be plenty of competition from newcomers.

The question is will any of the collective clubs decide that enough is enough and start to change because the longer they delay the harder will be the task.

Our current problem as MCFC has nothing to do with the Investment Process and everything to do with getting our team to match its success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.