City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Surely Uefa will want to look into these sponsorships as the did for the eithad deal as being not fair market value. Then fined another 50 mil dished out to the top clubs again

Bodicoteblue said:
Well well , Messrs Wenger and Platini , not forgetting our German friend Herr Rummenige , here comes an object lesson in being careful what you wish for!
You pontificated to us that football clubs should be run on a sustainable business model ( even though your FFP bears virtually no resemblance to normal business practices) - well guess what? You're going to see a business the like of which has never been seen before in football.
How are you planning to stop us now?
by moving the goalposts again?ffp was to stop us?? it has actually strengthened us in my opinion long term...as khaldoon said twattini.."we will take the pinch,but come back in 6yrs and see which business model is the best..the debt laiden one or ours"

god our owner and chairman are good.

Bodicoteblue said:
Well well , Messrs Wenger and Platini , not forgetting our German friend Herr Rummenige , here comes an object lesson in being careful what you wish for!
You pontificated to us that football clubs should be run on a sustainable business model ( even though your FFP bears virtually no resemblance to normal business practices) - well guess what? You're going to see a business the like of which has never been seen before in football.

Didn't Khaldoon say how much he would love to give another end of season interview in2020 in which he and "our friends at UEFA" compare UEFA's FFP business model and City's high investment model, so we could all see which was better? He seemed pretty sure of himself! Wonder what City's turnover will be by then!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Bodicoteblue said:

Didn't Khaldoon say how much he would love to give another end of season interview in2020 in which he and "our friends at UEFA" compare UEFA's FFP business model and City's high investment model, so we could all see which was better? He seemed pretty sure of himself! Wonder what City's turnover will be by then!
i like khaldoon

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Bodicoteblue said:

1 gazzilion....

swinton blue said:
Surely Uefa will want to look into these sponsorships as the did for the eithad deal as being not fair market value. Then fined another 50 mil dished out to the top clubs again
If they look into ours, then they need to look into everyone elses.

Anyone who says that the Etihad deal was over valued to City, needs to look at how Etihad has become a world brand since ADUG took City over, it only started operations 5 years before they first sponsored City, and they are now one of the major airlines worldwide, not all because of City obviously, but we've been a large part of it.

I think Etihad got a good start up deal with us, it certainly wasn't over valued. (Emirates had been going 18 years before Etihad started.)

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Bodicoteblue said:

I think its reasonable to say that City, unlike UEFA and a few others, were playing the long game and had no stress about the viability of the MCFC and CFG business model after the initial, accelerated investment.

What I find remarkable is the myopic viewpoint of all clubs pre-Sheikh Mansour.

The more I see and hear about the way the CFG is being formed and operated the more I realise how limited, nay lazy, the owners and boards of mufc, munich, barca, real and all the rest have been.

The 'business' of football has one leading owner now and the rest still havent figured out how far behind they will fall and it will be a decade before they wake up to the new reality, and that will be something the cannot catch up.

As Khaldoon said, lets see how it looks in 2020

Heard a nice rumour The other day that Tixi and co are deep in negotiations over Messi, they need a marquee signing to tip us over the edge and global shirt sales, rumour is Aguero and Yaya plus £30 million for Messi. Their wages would more than make up his, obviously that means we lose another forward but I guess they would have their eye on someone else as well.

Blue Maverick said:
Heard a nice rumour The other day that Tixi and co are deep in negotiations over Messi, they need a marquee signing to tip us over the edge and global shirt sales, rumour is Aguero and Yaya plus £30 million for Messi. Their wages would more than make up his, obviously that means we lose another forward but I guess they would have their eye on someone else as well.
I really doubt we'd include Aguero in any deal even if Barca were allowed to register new players.

Blue Maverick said:
no way mate..im sure they got am embargo coming up.aguero...no way....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.