City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I know that, UEFA must save face at all costs.

My suggestion was just to indicate that the monies can come direct from UEFA and not obviously connected to the withheld CL amount.
Buying a 20 euro shirt and getting £14M + change was my solution.
Unlikely but business can work in strange ways......

It wouldn’t quite work like that. I think it is highly unlikely that we will get anything back. The only scenario that I can see would be if we sued Uefa based on some legal precedent that is set or we set and a court awarded us damages. I would think it very unlikely that we would take such an aggressive approach. The alternative is that these things will be settled out of court on a forward looking basis i.e. clubs will lobby for change on the basis they will sue if they don’t get it, if one court case is successful the flood gates will open so Uefa will have to negotiate a way through – I think that is why all FFP treatment to date has been fairly soft in the end and the likes of the QPR issue is so up in the air. If QPR are kicked out of the league and out of existence then the League would face a huge damages claim through the courts that would test their own FFP. I predict a fairly soft ‘settlement’ on that one and maybe some softening of the rules going forward.

It wouldn’t quite work like that. I think it is highly unlikely that we will get anything back. The only scenario that I can see would be if we sued Uefa based on some legal precedent that is set or we set and a court awarded us damages. I would think it very unlikely that we would take such an aggressive approach. The alternative is that these things will be settled out of court on a forward looking basis i.e. clubs will lobby for change on the basis they will sue if they don’t get it, if one court case is successful the flood gates will open so Uefa will have to negotiate a way through – I think that is why all FFP treatment to date has been fairly soft in the end and the likes of the QPR issue is so up in the air. If QPR are kicked out of the league and out of existence then the League would face a huge damages claim through the courts that would test their own FFP. I predict a fairly soft ‘settlement’ on that one and maybe some softening of the rules going forward.

I was reasoning that an agreement could potentially have already been made during the 'compromise' agreement allowing UEFA to claim a fine and us to get our money back in the event that we beat their FFP1 rules (which has happened). The proposed 'voucher' or 'credit note' for £15M was perhaps a little flippant but just indicating that creative rebates are not exactly unknown in business.

I realise that litigation merely to get this money is unlikely but also assume that ALL potential outcomes will probably have already been discussed prior to the compromise agreement and legally 'cast in stone' due to lack of trust. I therefore presume the £15M fine return may have been subject to such discussions.

So something along the lines of FIFA's back hander to the Irish FA then..

There was a rumour sometime in the end of 2014 that Etihad will renew their sponsorship deal to 80 mil an year .

I did not read much about it after that .

Does anyone have any update on that .

Are Etihad planning to revisit their sponsorship deal ?

Thanks

L'ÉQUIPE - L'actualité du sport en continu.

RdHr9bu.jpg

PSG, one big European club blocked financial fair play ?

PSG could well have the feeling of living a big injustice. If the champion of France still hopes - but believes less and less - a reduction of financial fair play , the Parisian club would have discovered that Manchester City, hit the same sanctions in May 2014, could act freely during the transfer window that has just open .

PSG should be the only big European club punished for next season , which would not promote his ambition to win the Champions League by 2016. Especially since the coup Citizens were preparing to go on the offensive for Paul Pogba and to offer him an annual salary of € 17 million. PSG, who had made the French international priority, could not follow .

There was a rumour sometime in the end of 2014 that Etihad will renew their sponsorship deal to 80 mil an year .

I did not read much about it after that .

Does anyone have any update on that .

Are Etihad planning to revisit their sponsorship deal ?

Thanks

I thought the gist is that there weren't really any figures attached to it, it may be flexible according to 'success'. In other words they can lob in more and more if they are that way inclined, and we dont have to trumpet it from the rooftops. But it will show up in the accounts.

As for PSG - maybe they are reaping the reward for ignoring UEFA last year?

I thought the gist is that there weren't really any figures attached to it, it may be flexible according to 'success'. In other words they can lob in more and more if they are that way inclined, and we dont have to trumpet it from the rooftops. But it will show up in the accounts.

As for PSG - maybe they are reaping the reward for ignoring UEFA last year?

What did they ignore them about?

Signing David Luiz for 50 million for a start i.e ignoring UEFA Sanctions. I'm quite surprised if this is the case actually considering Platini's son plus his own involvement with Qatar and PSG.

Did they spend more than they were permitted under the sanctions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.