City flags in unusual places.

There used to be a flag in a window above a chippy in Mexborough,S.Yorks back in the early 1990s,when I used to work over that way.

In Barrow for less than 2 hours, straight into Wetherspoons( which is about 5 minutes from the station) for a few beers( rose wine for her) a quick bit of scran and then back to the station.
We both enjoy travelling on trains so it's an enjoyable day out for us.
This year we have done -
Liverpool
Sheffield
Bolton (twice - free for me)
Southport
Lancaster
Blackpool

And we have just booked for next month -
Glossop (free for me)
Macclesfield
Buxton (taking our grandson with us)

We have had a 2 together railcard for a couple of years now,so we intend to make full use of it.

Totally off topic. Apologies for that. But I’ve wondered a few times when I’ve seen it mentioned why Glossop is counted as part of Greater Manchester for travel concessions.

Totally off topic. Apologies for that. But I’ve wondered a few times when I’ve seen it mentioned why Glossop is counted as part of Greater Manchester for travel concessions.
Yes, although Glossop is officially in Derbyshire,it comes under the TfGM remit as far as free transport is concerned,so I can use my TfGM pensioners travel pass to get there free of charge.
I will also be going to Wigan on the train at the end of next month and that is also in the TfGM travel zone so will cost me sweet FA as well. ( You have to £10 each year at a TfGM Travel shop ,but that money is easily recouped with a tram ride or two.

Is that Padstow in Devon?
It's a long journey from Devon to The Etihad.
Kudos to anybody who shows that much loyalty to watching City.

It's actually much further on A roads too, if the guy (or girl) flying it does go to games, muchos respect.
I recall being in a pub in Paignton, Devon a few years back. Bar manager was an expat Manc and had a season ticket doing all home games ... admirable.

It's actually much further on A roads too, if the guy (or girl) flying it does go to games, muchos respect.
I recall being in a pub in Paignton, Devon a few years back. Bar manager was an expat Manc and had a season ticket doing all home games ... admirable.
I agree with you 100% pal, time consuming and financially expensive to travel all that way for a City home match.
I'm pretty sure that Dawlish Dave on here does a similar home game journey,from Devon to Manchester.

Agree with you 100% pal.
And much closer to home,as a Middleton boy born and bred it still narks me that Middleton is classed as Rochdale, when it has a Manchester address and postcode,and most of the people who live there originally came from Manchester.( Langley being a Manchester overspill estate).
Don't get me started on Failsworth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.