City flags in unusual places.

I agree with you 100% pal, time consuming and financially expensive to travel all that way for a City home match.
I'm pretty sure that Dawlish Dave on here does a similar home game journey,from Devon to Manchester.
Some of our most dedicated fans live a good distance away from Manchester.
I know a guy who lives on the south coast who goes everywhere, and has over 28k loyalty points.
Respect!

I know a guy who lives on the south coast who goes everywhere, and has over 28k loyalty points.
Respect!
100% respect to that gentleman. I live 2 miles away from the Etihad and can walk home if necessary,or get the 76 bus to and from the game.
It takes a great deal of dedication to be a long distance blue.

Not a flag but one of the strangest sightings for me was in Northern Israel circa 1997 with picture of Lee Bradbury celebrating scoring a goal on a type of newspaper board. Obviously my initial shock was not at the location but that someone had managed to capture this rare moment.

Last edited:
Agree with you 100% pal.
And much closer to home,as a Middleton boy born and bred it still narks me that Middleton is classed as Rochdale, when it has a Manchester address and postcode,and most of the people who live there originally came from Manchester.( Langley being a Manchester overspill estate).

Agree with this, being from Middleton myself, I can't stand any connection to Rochdale.

In Barrow for less than 2 hours, straight into Wetherspoons( which is about 5 minutes from the station) for a few beers( rose wine for her) a quick bit of scran and then back to the station.
We both enjoy travelling on trains so it's an enjoyable day out for us.
This year we have done -
Liverpool
Sheffield
Bolton (twice - free for me)
Southport
Lancaster
Blackpool

And we have just booked for next month -
Glossop (free for me)
Macclesfield
Buxton (taking our grandson with us)

We have had a 2 together railcard for a couple of years now,so we intend to make full use of it.
Tis a good train ride up there passing through silverdale arnside & grange, and some of the most unspoilt & under appreciated scenery in the country, Cartmel races is a great day out & a good excuse to tie it in with one those places for a stop off

Tis a good train ride up there passing through silverdale arnside & grange, and some of the most unspoilt & under appreciated scenery in the country, Cartmel races is a great day out & a good excuse to tie it in with one those places for a stop off
That's 100% correct and the main reason we chose to visit Barrow.
We had a few days in Morecambe last September and decided we would like to visit further around the Bay,and maybe touch the edge of the Lake District. It's great being sat on board a train watching the world and the lovely scenery flash past the window.
And so far this year we've avoided any strike actions, so it's been a pretty stress free way of entertaining ourselves.

Respect!

Yes some people go to incredible lengths. Every time I go to an away game be it in the uk, europe I recognise one bloke from going euro away games 10/12 years ago and I know he lives a good 200 miles away from the Etihad. A lot of respect to those people who give up every weekend and use most of their holidays supporting the team.

It's not on this subject but in 1980 as the train went south through Tipton in the Black Country there was a derelict factory site. What remained was a little brick outhouse storing an old generator. Graffiti on the wall said "Ray and Fred's wanking shed". I still chuckle now.

Can I nominate my own ?

20230327_071650.jpg

monkton a little village just outside ramsgate. Noticed a bloke talking to a neighbour last summer and pointing at my flag. Thought it was some busy body councillor.
Being noisy I went out ! Turns out he was a blue staying at the local caravan park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.