City football shirts everywhere

Lots of City shirts around the Edinburgh area. Mainly kids which is a positive sign!
They’ll be another one today, I’m up here for the tattoo and shall be wandering around the old town, resplendent in my new shirt. Just gutted I’m missing the first home game… cmon City

Daughter has been in Hertfordshire for over 10 years now. Not a City nut like her brother and me, she only went to one game, Stockport! but kits out my 2 year old grandson in City gear. He will spread the gospel through his school years .
Seeing more here in Cambridge too. Some chap even had a rather fetching City shirt (the white one) on in the office this week….never seen a footy shirt at work before.

They’ll be another one today, I’m up here for the tattoo and shall be wandering around the old town, resplendent in my new shirt. Just gutted I’m missing the first home game… cmon City
Tattoo was brilliant mate. Watch out for the Swiss. Incredible.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you StrutterBlue...I'm born and bred in the West Midlands, my dad, mum, uncles, grandparents were all from Manchester and were all blues.... I was even named after two City legends. My first game was in 1978 and I'm a ST holder. I have travelled from the Midlands for years to watch City. I've now decided that I'll turn it on its head and wind the detractors up a bit...Whenever I get "when did you jump on the bandwagon?" or sneered at for being a non manc and a glory hunter I reply with "I've been a City fan for the last ten years or so but before that I followed Chelsea and United in the 90s and 00s and followed Liverpool in the 80s....I like to watch a winning team, dont you?" The reaction I get from them is incredulous. I Once gave this answer to someone in the pub who had the cheek to ask about my credentials shouted to his rag mate (who was from Staffordshire BTW) said "can you believe this...he used to follow united, now he follows City!"....the rag just shook his head to disapprove of someone being a glory hunter.....oh the irony. Only the other week I got short shrift off a Villa supporter for being a glory hunter...I didn't say anything to him because I can't be arsed to justify why I support City, but a mutual friend who I've known for years put him right on the subject and he completely changed attitude after that.
I really shouldn't have to justify why I support the Blues to strangers, I know what my City supporting credentials are and as the late great Bobby Ball would say...that'll do for me cocker!

I'm from north-west London and so have a southern accent (and proud of it!). Could put on a Manc accent which would fool everybody but it would be completely pretentious. Not going to apologise to anyone for not being from Ancoats (or Moss Side, while we're about it). Hey, worked in Longsight as a gardener for Manchester Corporation so I reckon I'm qualified. Plus, saw my first match from the Kippax just before we won the ‘68 title. So I just escape being a glory hunter, maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.