City football shirts everywhere

I live in South Manchester and I depressingly still see more united shirts than city, especially the kids. Can't make sense of it lol apart from my proximity to old toilet

Up in Aberdeen (a previous rag stronghold) we are seeing the same, Ive converted a fair few at our kids school, it ain’t that difficult these days though. At the football summer camps City tops were second most popular with the kids after Aberdeen tops, was only one rag shirt on show and over ten City shirts

Last edited:
That's not the South Mancheser I Know- sure it's not Trafford?
Blue everywhere South Mcr.
Whalley range mate so close to Trafford but also moss side... even walked past Maine rd the other day and loads of kids in united shirts were playing on the small pitch there! Does my head in. Walking/bussing to games don't see any blues either.

Whalley range mate so close to Trafford but also moss side... even walked past Maine rd the other day and loads of kids in united shirts were playing on the small pitch there! Does my head in. Walking/bussing to games don't see any blues either.
See the odd rag shirt, but it looks like a forlorn act of defiance being worn by the village idiot, usually by someone who would have become "interested" when they were bullying/monopolising their way to titles.
Kids around here Didsbury/Withington seem to be Blues on the whole.

Last edited:
Just in general I see way more City shirts than rag shirts out and about, the tide has turned and the days of the Trafford full kit wanker has left the building never to return.

Went through T2 at the airport on Monday and I’d say it was 50/50 on city / rag shirts I saw

Obviously every scouse family I heard had all their kids in full red or blue dipper kits as it seems obligatory for scousers to do that when in Manchester airport

Urmston and Sale used to be proper bandit country. Now, there are definitely more City shirts on show.

I think it's a double whammy between City's fanbase growing and United's are all embarrased/not wearing colours as much.

Urmston and Sale used to be proper bandit country. Now, there are definitely more City shirts on show.

I think it's a double whammy between City's fanbase growing and United's are all embarrased/not wearing colours as much.
All the rags I know have moved on to other sports and latched on to success there instead

Went through T2 at the airport on Monday and I’d say it was 50/50 on city / rag shirts I saw

Obviously every scouse family I heard had all their kids in full red or blue dipper kits as it seems obligatory for scousers to do that when in Manchester airport
Oddly I was walking home the other day on Bridge Street and must have walked past 4 groups of people each with 2 or 3 of them wearing Liverpool shirts, no idea what was going on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.