City football shirts everywhere

I have never been to the Netherlands and have no family connection to it but ever since the 1974 world cup and Johan Cruyff they have always been my second team when it comes to international football. I had a shirt with his name on the back growing up. I fully understand why kids would start supporting a team they have no connection too. They were a wonderful team to watch.

If you could elaborate on your opinion just a tad more, that would be swell.
When I watch non manchester films, eg, I do not assume a new personality or start wearing L.A., eg, gear or become a supporter of a new city, or join a supporters club or chant C’mon LA. And at least I know where Hollywood is!
Observing and even appreciating a different culture is not the same as adopting it.
Ive watched City for 60 years plus, but I don’t go around wearing the shirt. My champions of Europe scarf is a different matter!
PS I’m a manc, got the walk and everything. It’s innate, not adopted.

Last edited:
When I watch non manchester films, eg, I do not assume a new personality or start wearing L.A., eg, gear or become a supporter of a new city, or join a supporters club or chant C’mon LA. And at least I know where Hollywood is!
New personality? We are not the red cult from down the road.
As I said before, it takes a shift in perspective. You liking a certain actor or band will find you gravitating to their output.
It is the same for football. It is an entertainment medium And folk will gravitate to quality product.
It may not sit right with some English fans of English clubs, but that's where we are.
You will have probably, at some point been into an obscure band that eventually made it big... it feels like your secret pleasure has been commandeered by the masses. That's Entertainment though, as Paul Weller said!
By the way the merchandising of music and films contributes to a large % of their income. Same with our club.

New personality? We are not the red cult from down the road.
As I said before, it takes a shift in perspective. You liking a certain actor or band will find you gravitating to their output.
It is the same for football. It is an entertainment medium And folk will gravitate to quality product.
It may not sit right with some English fans of English clubs, but that's where we are.
You will have probably, at some point been into an obscure band that eventually made it big... it feels like your secret pleasure has been commandeered by the masses. That's Entertainment though, as Paul Weller said!
By the way the merchandising of music and films contributes to a large % of their income. Same with our club.
Cultural appropriation!
As a City supporter I feel a certain pride in our new found world following but that is objective vs the guy from Kuala Lumpur which is subjective.
And what of the local team from K.L.?

Last edited:
Maybe, but this has happened ever since mankind began trading with/traveling to other nations.
It's inevitable. Just like language appropriation.
Time to adapt to our new global football standing.
Fine provided we stay humble and do not start crowing about two billion supporters. Yoonited is a cult, ask yourself why you think that.

Fine provided we stay humble and do not start crowing about two billion supporters. Yoonited is a cult, ask yourself why you think that.
utd are a commercial entity. They consider football a by-product of their money making empire, not the root cause of it.
scousers are the cult. They are the strangest group of fans out there.
The silver lining about the media witch hunt of City is that we will stay humble and non-arrogant. Plus any UK based new fans will be attracted in spite of those bad vibes given out by msm. In effect we will attract the right sort of fan.
Folk from abroad is something we can't control.
"Some are drawn here, some are born her, all belong here"... isn't that the changing room motif we have in there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.