City Games Saved on Your Virgin/Sky Boxes?

I've just bought blue ray of FA cup final for a tenner from amazon to try to make some space on the hd box but I'm still struggling to press 'delete' on the saved programme I have. It seems a pity to have to lose all the pre match stuff and the crowd shots on Wembley Way etc but I suppose I will have to rely on my own photos of the day for that.

Also got MOTDs of both games v rags this season, Newcastle and QPR and QPR and home game v rags in full. The QPR game in particular is a massive amount of storage but as I am still watching it daily there's no way that's getting deleted!

blue b4 the moon said:
Got a few games on my box but the memory is filling up with them.

Is there an easy way to move them to disc?

wayne71 said:
Its bloody daft there isnt a way to copy saved stuff across to your PC or whatever, there is even an ethernet connection on the rear of my sky box but its disabled.

A couple of links on upsizing your Sky hard drive and copying it's content to your PC. Bear in mind this will invalidate your warranty if it's still within the warranty period.

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/how-to-upgrade-your-sky-hd-s-hard-drive-603193?artc_pg=1 (2 pages, click the little blue arrow where it says page 1 of 2 for page 2, I had trouble finding it at first)

http://www.techradar.com/news/telev...rdings-from-your-sky-hard-disc-to-a-pc-603109

Just the 6-1 against the rags. I refused to watch it again until the end of the season as i thought it wouldn't really count for much if we didnt go on to win the league.

We did & i stuck it on after i got home from the QPR game. :)

wayne71 said:
Its bloody daft there isnt a way to copy saved stuff across to your PC or whatever, there is even an ethernet connection on the rear of my sky box but its disabled.

yep; hard drives are an advance on VCRs but at least that technology was portable. save it to a video and you can keep it forever. how long can you realistically keep it on your hard drive? you can always buy the DVD but will it have all the celebrations and the trophy ceremony?

1-6
1-0
QPR
FA Cup final
Prem Parade

Kids and the missus are going chimp because there no room to record Zeke & Luther / Game of Thrones.

I moved house and upgraded to TIVO so ended up losing all my stuff.

Just got the QPR game now for full games. I've got highlights of 1999 on some programme about the play offs. I'm sure it was under 'prem classics' though which is strange.

On my Tivo
Got Rags 6-1, Porto 2-1 and the last 5 games of the season.
Got most MOTD's this season apart from ones where we lost as deleted them straight away Sunderland (A) Everton (A) Swansea (A) & Arsenal (A) also missing Villa (H) Liverpool (A) as forgot to tape these and any Monday games as these weren't on MOTD apart from the Home Derby
Currently in the process off transfering all to DVD's to free some space up for next season
May have a few more games aswell but will have to check as did Record every city game on TV this season but deleted most apart from the memorable ones to free up space only one which failed was Spurs away but have the MOTD of that game<br /><br />-- Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
Goater's Nipple said:
I moved house and upgraded to TIVO so ended up losing all my stuff.

Just got the QPR game now for full games. I've got highlights of 1999 on some programme about the play offs. I'm sure it was under 'prem classics' though which is strange.

Play-off passions i think its called mate i have it on my Tivo too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.