City history book now available INTERNATIONALLY

Re: City history book now available nationwide

The most accurate, comprehensive, well-illustrated book about City ever written. The perfect book to stick next to your toilet.

Noone admits it but there are a number of new city fans on the forum from places like the USA. You have no excuse to not read this book. In fact every city fan should read it.

blue44 said:
hiya gary,i reviewed your amazing work of art on amazon,2nd reviewer,i'v noticed on amazon for quite a while now a new work that you're working on ? its say not available yet, "The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City - The Inside Story Of A Unique Football Club ".keep up the good work fella !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-Reb...r_1_46?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354215532&sr=1-46

Sadly, I don't think that will ever see the light of day now. It was the story of the takeover (actually started shortly before Thaksin's takeover) and ended with the FA Cup win in 2011. It was all written up etc. but a few issues have delayed it. It included exclusive material with Khaldoon and all the key figures at City, but because it got delayed and now that another book has come out focusing on that period it is unlikely it will ever appear. Sorry. It was a great book and I still live in hope that it will appear, but have to admit it's unlikely.

It's a bit like the biography of Frank Swift I wrote (well, I did about 70,000 words; 3/4s of it). I couldn't get a publisher in 2006-08 and so I had to shelve it (recently I was contacted by someone who has got a publisher and wants to write about Swift, so there's no real point in my Swift biog at all now).

When I first started writing about City it was because there were hardly any - if any - books on City being produced. My first book came out in 1989 and was only about the fourth MCFC specific book from 1972-1989. This year there have been about a dozen books (and counting), so I'm thinking seriously about whether I should write any more City-specific books. My original aim was to see City's name on the bookshelves and find books to read and I guess the large number of books out there now means that we've all moved forward.

I've got a novel and another edition of "The Big Book Of City" in progress, but may hold off finishing them. Not certain really.

Gary James said:
blue44 said:
hiya gary,i reviewed your amazing work of art on amazon,2nd reviewer,i'v noticed on amazon for quite a while now a new work that you're working on ? its say not available yet, "The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City - The Inside Story Of A Unique Football Club ".keep up the good work fella !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-Reb...r_1_46?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354215532&sr=1-46

Sadly, I don't think that will ever see the light of day now. It was the story of the takeover (actually started shortly before Thaksin's takeover) and ended with the FA Cup win in 2011. It was all written up etc. but a few issues have delayed it. It included exclusive material with Khaldoon and all the key figures at City, but because it got delayed and now that another book has come out focusing on that period it is unlikely it will ever appear. Sorry. It was a great book and I still live in hope that it will appear, but have to admit it's unlikely.

It's a bit like the biography of Frank Swift I wrote (well, I did about 70,000 words; 3/4s of it). I couldn't get a publisher in 2006-08 and so I had to shelve it (recently I was contacted by someone who has got a publisher and wants to write about Swift, so there's no real point in my Swift biog at all now).

When I first started writing about City it was because there were hardly any - if any - books on City being produced. My first book came out in 1989 and was only about the fourth MCFC specific book from 1972-1989. This year there have been about a dozen books (and counting), so I'm thinking seriously about whether I should write any more City-specific books. My original aim was to see City's name on the bookshelves and find books to read and I guess the large number of books out there now means that we've all moved forward.

I've got a novel and another edition of "The Big Book Of City" in progress, but may hold off finishing them. Not certain really.
I've not read the other books out there, so this is not a dig at the other authors, more a compliment to you I guess, but I'd rather have quality over quantity - and I know I can rely on the quality in your works.

Keep it going Gary.

Gary James said:
blue44 said:

Id say get them both in print,Id buy both and many others on here would i reckon too,do something similar as the last book-bible,ie , get people to sign up for them pre-publishing to test out how many folk want them,if its not financially viable don't do it,if it is,get them printed.

like you said,there have been quite a lot of city books recently,but you and i and others know yours are the best by a mile,cheers and good luck.

If anyone's interested in any of my books on Kindle.....

My publisher has just set up a text only version of "Joe Mercer, OBE: Football With A Smile" for the Kindle via amazon.

More info: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AFDGZD8/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=jamwar-21&camp=2902&creative=19466&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B00AFDGZD8&adid=0MMKG0AYJJ198SST3QYJ&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fmanchesterfootball.org%2Febooks.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AFDGZD8/r ... ebooks.php</a> or <a class="postlink" href="http://manchesterfootball.org/ebooks.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://manchesterfootball.org/ebooks.php</a>

This book has been put up as a test really to assess popularity and interest. It's available at about a third of the hardback price for a limited period (the ebook will be removed from sale at the end of January 2013).

It contains the full narrative of the 2010 hardback edition but does not include any of the photographs/illustrations (the hardback edition is still available if anybody wants the fully illustrated edition).

Basically, there's over 120,000 words telling Joe's full life story. A sample section is available at amazon.

As I'm sure Gary would point out if he wasn't so humble, in most cases (e.g. Amazon), Author's get a cut of the selling price not the retail price so if you get it dirtbag cheap, Gary loses out.

I can't even begin to comprehend the effort that went into writing this - well worth the £25

It's in the cupboard hidden from me for another 17 days until my birthday! But i can't wait to read it :)
Got it from the city store when it was double discount, so it was £20. And i normally limit books to a tenner due to debt but Gary's are worth it ;)

Is that "journey" book the one that last year you showed a possible cover for of the team with the fa cup near the stadium at the end of the parade? If so i think i had just assumed that this new book was that one redone! Oops! I should pay attention more ;)

Bought this today - also been put away to be sent to Father Christmas :-)

Got £50 bonus in work and was going to order online, can't be arsed waiting so travelling an hour to Bromley today to see if I can get it there, after entering my postcode in Waterstone website

The best football book ever by a mile. Thanks Gary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.