City history book now available INTERNATIONALLY

Re: City history book now available nationwide

Just treated myself to a copy from Book Depository, I don't usually spend so much on books (I'm one of those wait till paperback or big sale types) but made an exception because of the glowing reviews and the subject matter. :)

Re: AW: City history book now available nationwide

German Blues said:
Mine arrived today...free worldwide shipping is excellent. :grin:

So it does work then. Sounds like <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bookdepository.com/Manchester-City-Years-Gary-James/9780955812774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bookdepository.com/Mancheste ... 0955812774</a> is well worth using if outside of the UK. They must be losing money every time they sell a copy that's posted overseas!

If you're in the UK then Waterstones do appear to be stocking it nationwide.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Cheers

Delighted to see that "Manchester The City Years" has made it on to the top 15 football books list compiled by the Daisy Cutter (and so has Paul Lake's excellent book).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/12/dear-santa-the-top-15-football-books-for-christmas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/12 ... christmas/</a>

Thanks to anyone who contributed. Much appreciated.

Just ordered mine over here in Chicago from the book depository (along with Irvine Welsh's Skagboys-not available over here yet). Will let you all know how it goes. Can't wait for it!

Just an update, if anyone's skeptical. I ordered it on Christmas Day and it is in my hands five days later. Free shipping to Chicago. Wow. Well done and cannot wait to read it!

Got the book for christmas. just finished it five minuets ago. it is brilliant.

acquiesce said:
Just an update, if anyone's skeptical. I ordered it on Christmas Day and it is in my hands five days later. Free shipping to Chicago. Wow. Well done and cannot wait to read it!

That's really worth knowing. Thanks. This does mean that all those outside the UK who have wanted my books but been unable to get them due to excessive postage costs can now order them at bargain prices. I don't know how the Book Depository can do it (postage costs are more than their share of the retail price) but while they're offering the service it's worth using.

I believe they have "Manchester A Football History", "Joe Mercer: Football With A Smile" and "Manchester The City Years" available.

I've been looking for a good book on city's history and was thinking about buying this book. After all the great reviews I'm going to get this book. I started supporting City in 2006/07 and I've never really found a good general history, which is what I really want. I think having that base would make reading other books about a certain time or person a bit easier to understand and also then I might have a better idea of who/what I would like to know more about.

otherwise said:
I've been looking for a good book on city's history and was thinking about buying this book. After all the great reviews I'm going to get this book. I started supporting City in 2006/07 and I've never really found a good general history, which is what I really want. I think having that base would make reading other books about a certain time or person a bit easier to understand and also then I might have a better idea of who/what I would like to know more about.

If you do get it let me know what you think. I'm sure you'll be happy with the book but take a look at it at Waterstones or the City Store before buying if uncertain.

Gary James said:
otherwise said:

If you do get it let me know what you think. I'm sure you'll be happy with the book but take a look at it at Waterstones or the City Store before buying if uncertain.

I got it at watersones arndale centre. It was £5 off. (I was in Manchester for the game against Fulham). I also saw it in Liverpool.

I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm at 1925-26, I'm reading it in order. The Canadian connections to city are intersting to me. I also really like how there are cartoons, pictures, maps and newspaper clippings in the book; it really helps make for a more complete story/history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.