CITY IN EUROPE POZNAN AWAY

spike144 said:
Where from and what time Billy, I will mail everyone tomorrow, see you at Wolves?

Cant make Wolves Spike..got visitors from the Nordics!

Theres room for another 4 at least on the bus. Picking in up in Glossop. Tinsel, could do Mottram and Hattersley.Not sure what time yet. tell people top give us a shout if they need a pick up.

Any one who is going to Poznan if you aint already change ya dosh apparently you only get 4PLN to the £ over here yet in Poznan you get 4.39 but ask what you get per £ beore you commit as they will mug you and only give about 3.50 if you just say i wanna change £100 for example also heard that in TESCO you also get around 4.25PLNto the £

DortmundDummy said:
desperatedon said:
Nice one Dortmund Dummy, good to see you got your ticket. When are you going?

Any idea of a bar to head to? I beleive that the square in the Old Town is the place to be.

Like citizen said, you're never on your own with blues.
Hi `DDon` be great to meet up again give me a slap if I get too loud though ! I`m flying out of L`pool tues evening to Berlin, not sure what to do yet whether to stay in a hotel or just have a few beers and bunk down at the airport. Should be in Poznan for lunch on weds, staying 3 nights at `Ryzmski` hotel which is close to yours and the The Square, when are you there ? i`ve still got your number i`ll bell you when I get there. Happy daze ;) Bars that are being mentioned on the square are The Lizard King and Harrys Bar, Harrys Bar being the main watering hole for the Lech fans, should be interesting !
I'm in that Hotel too, cheap as chips. Under £100 for 2 nights, own room (I hope!) Jimbo tried to get in there too but prices have now rocketed! Handy for Old Sq, will soon find other blues, Poz fans OK apparently. Great city, very modern style of living and considered almost German by other Poles. All need catered for apparently. Avoid all trains except for intercity ones is recurring advice from Polish mates.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:43 am --<br /><br />
Ardwick Green Park said:
greenie said:
Just cracked open a bottle of Tyskie in preparation for next week, bloody hell it's nice, strong mind, going to be a messy night on this I imagine! Guessing this is what will be available as it's brewed in Poznan

Which UK beer is it most like?
Not like any really but it's a little like a stella or more like Budvar, beats any Budweiser fizzy crap but it is a fresh tasting beer available at most supermarkets now.

Goater666 said:
flipmode said:
I don't have a chance with tickets (2500 loyalty points) as this is the one everyone wants to go to, but I'm tempted to come over for the experience and booze at those prices.

You will easy get a ticket mate. The ground is fucking massive.

I have a spare ticket.

disco dawson said:
Great city, very modern style of living and considered almost German by other Poles.
What the fcuk did you mean by that? It's a typical Polish city in terms of style of living and I don't see why "almost German" would be an advantage of any kind. Poznan is the capital of Wielkopolska voivodship, one of the most notable historical regions of Poland and is considered especially tidy and clean in comparison to other regions, but that's all there is to it. Almost all other stuff is true. Not all trains but InterCity are crap, it's the case of railway stations rather I'd say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.