City ladies team

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Scotty76 said:
Maybe that's bullshit too?

I know a couple of the players and they've told me they won't know anything till next month. This may have something to do with the Doncaster appeal.
I've been watching their games and I'd say a few of them really do have a chance of stepping up. Either way, the club has time to have a good look at everyone before deciding anything.

Maybe I know someone who has signed a contract as other more established teams were sniffing about after them.

That still wouldn't mean they've dumped all the other players...

CheethamHillBlue said:
For someone who had 'not intended to be hostile' you seem to have changed your route with your snide contract comment.

It's not a very snide comment<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:57 am --<br /><br />
Scotty76 said:
Scotty76 said:
I know a couple of the players and they've told me they won't know anything till next month. This may have something to do with the Doncaster appeal.
I've been watching their games and I'd say a few of them really do have a chance of stepping up. Either way, the club has time to have a good look at everyone before deciding anything.

Maybe I know someone who has signed a contract as other more established teams were sniffing about after them.

I am only passing on what I have been told

whicko said:
Daily Mail at it again!

Manchester City look set to take their place with seven other teams in the restructured FA Women's Super League 1. Belles will play in Super League 2. Gill, Kaz, Nicky, Joanne, Tina, Channy, Monster Munch, six FA Cups, two League and Cup Doubles, five series of 'Playing the Field'. All gone.

Arsenal general manager Vic Akers, who founded the club's women's team in 1987, called it 'morally scandalous', adding: 'When we started, Donny were the premier women's team in the country. What's happening to them now is unjust. To relegate them after 90 minutes is a joke - it's kicking them out.

Uncertain future: The Belles have been told they will play in the second tier from next season
Uncertain future: The Belles have been told they will play in the second tier from next season

And the wait goes on...

The Belles have had their appeal hearing adjourned until the end of the month to give the club more time to prepare their case, the FA announced.

Club officials met with the FA's appeal board at Wembley Stadium.

Today an FA spokesman sent this statement: 'Following on from a preliminary hearing this week, the Independent Appeal Board adjourned the Doncaster Rovers Belles appeal hearing until Tuesday, June 25, to give the club more time to fully prepare their case.'
'If you're talking about relegation then you should also talk about promotion, and Manchester City didn't win the Premier League (the level below the WSL), they finished fourth.'

The FA casually dropped this bombshell on their website. Hey, this is women's football: nobody really cares. We can just do what we want.

No reasons have been given, other than the fact City fulfilled the organisation's criteria - based on finance, club structure, coaching set-up and playing standard - and the Belles did not.

Doncaster have been in decline since those glory days of the early 1990s, but make no mistake: this decision came down to cold, hard cash. City have it and the Belles do not. Never mind 44 years of history, we will simply buy our way into the top flight. The Belles, however, will not just go quietly. The club has appealed against the FA's decision and have been given until June 25 to 'fully prepare their case'.

City ruining ladies football now as well. The agenda never stops dies it?

CheethamHillBlue said:
For someone who had 'not intended to be hostile' you seem to have changed your route with your snide contract comment.

It's not a very snide comment

-- Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:57 am --

Scotty76 said:

No one has signed anything as there is nothing to sign yet. Nothing has been decided so your source is telling porky pies.

How about our " so called fans" get behind the WSL and come and watch us, you might be presently surprised at the standard of football being played. Finishing 4th Last year was a great achievement

Fu21 said:
CheethamHillBlue said:

Scotty76 said:

No one has signed anything as there is nothing to sign yet. Nothing has been decided so your source is telling porky pies.

Well she has signed something

So once the new complex is complete the ladies team will be playing there? Can see a big increase in attendances.

Fu21 said:

Well she has signed something

What's her name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.