City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Where I understand City might have the biggest issues are some allegations around City execs misrepresenting owner funding as sponsorship income. Anyway I'm far from an expert on this and it's only based on some things I've heard which are just as likely to be bollocks as not so please don't take this as my personal opinion, only a response to what I've heard are possibly the toughest of the 115 charges for City to overcome.
When are Arsenal paying your owner the loan he gave them?

Any new rules they bring in will have to be legally watertight, do clubs have vote in new rules? If so is it a simple majority?

Going to be tricky for some clubs, but if you make rules to benefit yourself and get called out on it,

I think the most important thing to sort out first is the Premier League board members and its voting system on rule changes, I think MANCHESTER CITY should call for a vote of no confidence in the Premier League system and call for major changes and ask the chairman to stand down

Yes, 14 clubs will be required to vote in favour of the proposed changed rules. This puts the PL in an impossible position-they need a minimum of 14 clubs to agree to change the rules so they comply with the law (as ludicrous as that sounds) and most clubs won't want a change because it will mean they fail PSR (equally ludicrous) they are fuked!
So we are in circular firing squad territory

Looks like it’s back to drawing board, one could imagine having failed in their attempt to hobble us and a few other clubs they may quietly drop the whole thing, before it bites its creators

Yes, 14 clubs will be required to vote in favour of the proposed changed rules. This puts the PL in an impossible position-they need a minimum of 14 clubs to agree to change the rules so they comply with the law (as ludicrous as that sounds) and most clubs won't want a change because it will mean they fail PSR (equally ludicrous) they are fuked!

If ‘they’ really are as bent as we believe, then we should expect the annual allowable losses will be increased to accommodate the impact/costs of the shareholder loans.

If seven clubs vote down any changes, what do the PL do?

Remember, the question was why Everton and Chelsea would vote with City now, if they are going to be hurt by interest on their loans.

What they do is vote down any rule including shareholder loans in APT. The PL can't make the rules "legal" without a 2/3 majority so they would have to scrap APT rules in their entirety or run with rules found to be anti-competitive. Bye bye APT.

Tyranny of the minority.
My guess is Everton and Chelsea just didn't consider the implications fully. It could still work in their favor, any changes to the APT laws will still need 14 votes. Everton*, Chelsea, Brighton and the others with large owner debts won't be voting through something that causes them problems. I've gone through a few scenarios in my head and I can't see any of them getting passed. That will create an impasse, is it legal for them to just revert to the pre-existing rules?

What this whole thing shows is the current rules aren't fit for purpose. Luton last year, Ipswich this, get the same say as everyone else even though they are essentially visitors. I'd suggest the 3 promoted clubs don't get a vote, instead 1 vote goes to The championship, 1 to league 1 and the other to FA. Maybe even give the The championship all 3 votes.

For all the praise some clubs get on here and the abuse others get, the 1 thing all 20 have in common is the fact they will always look out for themselves. There are no friends here, maybe 1 or 2 enemies but certainly no friends, money, money, money is all that's at play here.

*Everton are capable in fairness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.