City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Oh. Given 19/20 agreed to loans being excluded I doubt they worried too much about a challenge
I've no where near your expertise but I did post on here soft loans should have a PIK element to adhere to FFP/PSR calculations. Our "friends" from Trafford have been paying proper commercial rates for years now.

I think this TalkSport article drives a juggernaut through the City PSR case:

I know the ruling is about the recent changes to ATP rules, but if not counting owners loans is unlawful, it must also be unlawful under preview PSR rules?

Surely, you can't have a situation where clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool would have breached PSR quite significantly if their owners loans were revalued at an FMV, and then punish City for breaches during the same period?

Can you have a situation where half the league have been funded by their owners circumventing PSR by a mechanism that is now deemed unlawful?

What will happen if clubs like Brighton, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. Leicester, Brentford, Wolves, Palace, Bournemouth refuse to vote through the changes to the rules to make them lawful because it's against their interest to do so?

This is a dogs dinner, but we always knew it was
Don't back a Tiger into a corner, the retaliation is inevitable.

I've no where near your expertise but I did post on here soft loans should have a PIK element to adhere to FFP/PSR calculations. Our "friends" from Trafford have been paying proper commercial rates for years now.

They should in the crazily stupid rules we’ve ended up with. What that means in reality is more clubs have owners like the Glazers that have been able to sit on ever increasing asset that have also been able to take cash out at the same time.

I have little sympathy for the fans of bigger clubs that have bought into the rhetoric but the upshot of it is all is owners being even more shielded and much less opportunity for clubs to grow.

I’ll caveat that with if they were really bold and said no owner loans allowed at all, it has to be equity, then I’d be all for it.

He is a charlatan mate-Way to big for his boots. Spending way to much time with Jordan et al. I have never understood his disciple like status. Yes he is a clever bloke but I know plenty of clever blokes. Seems he didn't get the memo on this one though.....Much prefer Tolmie and Prestwich's info.
That’s harsh as fuck, mate.
I just think he looks at every argument with no bias and tries to be as honest as he can. He’s not a cheerleader, he’s an expert in finance who also happens to be a City fan so many expect him to go on TS etc and back us to the hilt regardless but that’s not what he’s there for.
I’d like to think off the microphone he sticks up for us a bit more robustly and tells White and Jordan they are both gobshites but alas I’m pretty sure he’s too professional to go down that road.

That’s harsh as fuck, mate.
I just think he looks at every argument with no bias and tries to be as honest as he can. He’s not a cheerleader, he’s an expert in finance who also happens to be a City fan so many expect him to go on TS etc and back us to the hilt regardless but that’s not what he’s there for.
I’d like to think off the microphone he sticks up for us a bit more robustly and tells White and Jordan they are both gobshites but alas I’m pretty sure he’s too professional to go down that road.
He purports to be a blue but I have never seen him stick up for us once pal. He is certainly a finance expert of that I have no doubt

I believe City voted in favour of these shareholder loans originally. In the latest case they claimed that allowing these but not reviewing the PL's revised APT approval process provided an unfair advantage to clubs whose owners were bankrolling them.

And that's fair enough, pretty sure none of us are getting a mortgage from a bank at 0% any time soon.
You not been fucked off yet?

Shame, you're only here for one reason, posting in this thread, now kindly off you fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.