City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

It's all.of their own making. We tried, God how we tried, to conform, to fit in, to appease and to be nice. The only problem was we kept on winning things. In spite of all their hatred, bile, illegal rule changes, letter writing and a relentless media smear campaign, we just kept on winning. Trophy after trophy while playing the best football this country had ever seen. They mistook our kindness for weakness, until the bullies went one step too far, bouyed by our compliance. They wanted to wipe out our family. Now they've found out. Oh fucking have they!
There needs to be a white marble statue of Pep outside the town hall, because if it wasn't for him then I'm of the opinion the PL wouldn't have gone after us to the extent they have done, trophy after trophy as you say, often with one hand tied behind our back, constant disgusting attack campaigns by the media every single day. And we still rose to the very top and smashed every record made. The whole football club should be extremely proud of themselves to rise above it.

I think the term is reading between the lines…

The report talks about emails being sent to the PL by individuals/clubs within days of the Newcastle takeover, demanding the introduction of new rules, which would essentially nobble Newcs ability to spend money. If that isn’t cartel like behaviour, I don’t know what is.
I think the term used was “the gulf clubs”

In his expert opinion he thought we would lose this case.
Agreed. He may have had a bum steer. That said, we were not successful in all of our claims. Experts don't always get it right. I am glad Stefan is out there cutting through all of the crap and the elite football game is full of it right now. The enemy is out there. He's one of us.

It's quite odd to hear Jordan claiming a City win and Stefan being more neutral.

In Stefan's defence, he's trying to give his qualified opinion on things. City brought a number of matters to the court with an attempt to destroy the APT rules. The fact we didn't succeed on that means there is an argument we didn't win. I would have thought Stefan would know enough at this point to understand City's true intention was to reverse the rule changes that have blocked our most recent sponsorship deals and in winning on those points it's job done.

I would also think that he's more keen to calm the rhetoric that this will destroy football and lead to City being able to do whatever we want. If he's openly claiming a City win he probably loses all credibility when it comes to making that argument.
City lawyers are openly declaring a win, they are now indicating they will take further action to enforce the IC judgment.

If the rules where found to be incorrect in law once that would of been enough, they were found to be incorrect in law seven times, as the GC (Cliff) for City states, the APT rules are null and void.

With City declaring the APT rules null and void, then I would consider that to be pretty much destroying APT, City at long last being very clear on this, the rules have found to be unlawful and City will take further action if the PL seek to further obfuscate those rules.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.