City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The incoming apt rule changes
OK, but until we know what the changes are it's impossible for even the clubs to know how they will vote. Remember, we voted in favour of the original APT rules it was only the amendments that we objected to, amendments that have now been proven to be against UK law.

Bit of both isn’t it? The PL ultimately did prove, to the satisfaction of the tribunal at least, that they weren’t FMV.
Surely the sponsorship deal could still be signed but only the FMV part would be allowed to go towards the PSR.

For example, if a company wanted to sponsor City for £100 million and the PL decided that £50 million was the FMV, then only £50 million could be used for PSR and the other for non-footballing reasons.

However, it does pose the question of how the PL calculate FMV and whether they can block sponsors in its entirety.

After taking the day to wait for people qualified to analyse this to analyse this, the idea that City won some major win and Stefan was downplaying it is clearly wrong.
Having read The Lawyer's take on it, I'm surprised he thinks it was even a "score draw" frankly.

Bit of both isn’t it? The PL ultimately did prove, to the satisfaction of the tribunal at least, that they weren’t FMV.
This is where I do believe we don’t do ourselves any favours. Why at a time of the club being under such scrutiny for sponsorships, do we give the PL a chance to make these decisions? The people at the club aren’t stupid, they must know when they submit a deal to the PL for review, that they’re going to look at it unfavourably given half a chance. I don’t think it’s particularly wise on our part to push and push and push these AD deals to the absolute limit.

I assume that was based on the Premier Leagues calculations. Is there a right of appeal? Or are the calculations based upon generally accepted practices. City must have some evidence of benchmarking to argue their case. Would be Interesting to compare all clubs in Europe to see where arguably the best team in Europe ranks.

It’s based on Nielsons assessment, comparisons to other transactions in the databank and benchmark analysis done by the PL. Us not having access to the latter two were the reasons the decisions for the Etihad and FAB deals to be set aside. The latter was also due to an unacceptable delay.

Surely the sponsorship deal could still be signed but only the FMV part would be allowed to go towards the PSR.

For example, if a company wanted to sponsor City for £100 million and the PL decided that £50 million was the FMV, then only £50 million could be used for PSR and the other for non-footballing reasons.

However, it does pose the question of how the PL calculate FMV and whether they can block sponsors in its entirety.

Yes that’s exactly what happened.

I assume that was based on the Premier Leagues calculations. Is there a right of appeal? Or are the calculations based upon generally accepted practices. City must have some evidence of benchmarking to argue their case. Would be Interesting to compare all clubs in Europe to see where arguably the best team in Europe ranks.
The main point of City's challenge was that the PL would not share their benchmarking data from the database they had. The only people allowed to access it were the PL's Legal Advisory Group. So City were not even given a full explanation of how the PL decided what was fair value. The Judges ruled that was an unfair process.

After taking the day to wait for people qualified to analyse this to analyse this, the idea that City won some major win and Stefan was downplaying it is clearly wrong.
Having read The Lawyer's take on it, I'm surprised he thinks it was even a "score draw" frankly.
You think we lost?

He was quite funny when he went mainstream, then a boring ****, his recent stuff was slightly better and reached chuckling level.

But now he can fuck right off, the bitter scouse miserable bindipping shitehawk.

Shouldn’t be anywhere near the co-op. He won’t sell out anyway.

Imagine listening to that scouse accent for a couple of hours. Yikes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.