City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Wow that's pretty explosive and unprecedented, sooner or later though all sides are going to have to sit down and talk, but this constant war against City and to a smaller extent Newcastle has to stop, most fair minded people know what it's all about, a cartel of clubs trying to protect their financial interests by foul means
A 'closed shop' league is what they had.
I well remember Graeme Souness saying that, " the top 4 will always be the top 4" and the rest of the pundits staying silent.
I think that GS had just accepted it rather than being in favour.
Mark Lawrenson however, I feel, knew who was buttering his toast and seemed quite happy at the time.

I think Stefan is a legal expert and generally does a great job simplifying what is a very complex issue. I don't epect him to be a cheerleader for City but I took exception when he promoted a tweet by Tariq Panja who is not a reliable source for reasons well documented on here. The legal nuances are important but sometimes they are overtaken by other issues like the information and PR battle. The public perception of who won this case is important for our reputation whatever the legal nuances are.
I get what you're saying, and my stance is that as long as City say they're happy, then I'm happy.

What I mean by that, is reading the statement on the website, it reads as though they're more than happy with the outcome (whatever it is!), and that's good enough for me.

What I love about our club, is that we don't speak unless we have something of value to say. We don't just talk for the sake of it.

That statement was a real proud moment, as its the first time I've seen us officially stick two fingers up to everyone, and let them all know that we're not going to get pissed about.

I've been asleep and not following and this is getting hard to track. Just spoke to my in law he said he's read that 11 clubs have said they will vote against as they have owner loans...anyone heard this if so please provide the link?

How can clubs vote against owner loans when it's been rule to be illegal or have I missed understood this ?

They ruled for both the Etihad and the FAB deal that the PL weren’t wrong to class them as above fair market value.
I assume that was based on the Premier Leagues calculations. Is there a right of appeal? Or are the calculations based upon generally accepted practices. City must have some evidence of benchmarking to argue their case. Would be Interesting to compare all clubs in Europe to see where arguably the best team in Europe ranks.

In the process of trying to satisfy the Red Top Mafia, the PL are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. This much is now glaringly obvious to all outside of those who stand to gain from the witch hunt against City.

As I said to a Rag today, even if City were illiminated from the PL, ManUre would STILL only be 13th. If they spent more time concentrating on their own affairs, they'd be better off for it. It's pretty sad that they'd rather beat City down, than lift themselves up.

We're now at such a low point of trust, that I believe only IREF can save English football. What that Rag failed to acknowledge is that FFP & APT directly affected City more than any other club, & he refused to accept there was any underhanded motives behind their introduction.

City are merely asking for even-handed fairness, but the legacy clubs would rather see us dead than accept the new reality. Regardless of what the PL do from here on in, there is too much mistrust for there ever to be peace between them & City.

It's time to disband the PL's leadership structure & bring in a truly independent regulator.

I don’t disagree, it’s ended up being a shitshow.

I’ve said it before but they should never have allowed the Newcastle deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.