City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Don’t think anyone’s said that?

In terms of the tribunal, we won some things, we also lost some things we’d have wanted to win. The other clubs in the PL will be feeling worse than we are right now though and the PL themselves too.

How big a win or loss it is, think we need to wait and see, no one can really know yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went back to tribunal again depending on what happens next.
It’s insinuated in that post I replied to.
Seems there is a collective effort from some to downplay what we have achieved with this case.

Having read the report my tuppence worth. City lost some procedural arguments as to whether the Regulatory procedures within the PL had been fair and timely. However read from 161 to 164 on the big issues City have won the big ones. If you want a football analogy the PL won some free kicks and corners but in the end lost 7 - 0 Unlawful scored 3, Unfair 2 and Unreasonable 2

I would also point out that the Tribunal reserves the right to award costs and damages but is giving the parties the opportunity to sort it out. I would say that makes it clear who has won

I think Stefan is a legal expert and generally does a great job simplifying what is a very complex issue. I don't epect him to be a cheerleader for City but I took exception when he promoted a tweet by Tariq Panja who is not a reliable source for reasons well documented on here. The legal nuances are important but sometimes they are overtaken by other issues like the information and PR battle. The public perception of who won this case is important for our reputation whatever the legal nuances are.
@slbsn did say on here yesterday, that like it or not, panja is connected and has good sources

In the process of trying to satisfy the Red Top Mafia, the PL are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. This much is now glaringly obvious to all outside of those who stand to gain from the witch hunt against City.

As I said to a Rag today, even if City were illiminated from the PL, ManUre would STILL only be 13th. If they spent more time concentrating on their own affairs, they'd be better off for it. It's pretty sad that they'd rather beat City down, than lift themselves up.

We're now at such a low point of trust, that I believe only IREF can save English football. What that Rag failed to acknowledge is that FFP & APT directly affected City more than any other club, & he refused to accept there was any underhanded motives behind their introduction.

City are merely asking for even-handed fairness, but the legacy clubs would rather see us dead than accept the new reality. Regardless of what the PL do from here on in, there is too much mistrust for there ever to be peace between them & City.

It's time to disband the PL's leadership structure & bring in a truly independent regulator.

The question as to why FFP was introduced at this time when Chelsea was blowing money around like no tomorrow long before Manchester City's new owners, also why did the so-called elite clubs not really have any rules in place for club's to reduce debt by a given time period or face punishment. Since FFP how much debt has grown at the so-called elite clubs and nothing has ever been said or done?

Manchester City and our owners only want a fair fight and rightly so, If tomorrow football dies on its feet and the money falls out of the bottomless pit, how many clubs can say they are ok and can still play football and trade as their football club is debt free, also does not owe the banks money or has loans on assets and will be finished.

FFP was not an idea of saving football clubs from going under or for fans and saving grassroots football, Football was fucked long before Manchester City's new owners, DEBT was out of control and just look at the state of the so-called elite club's balance sheets and their Debt,

Nobody in Footall wants to hear about the mess these debt-riddle clubs are in, But once they start to speak about how Bad Manchester City is for football it's all forgotten and it is Manchester City cheating and ruining football.

Let's have it out once and for all, books on the table by everybody let's see who will come to the table first, Here is the chance to clean up football once and for all and stop lying about Manchester City cheating and breaking the rules

Because as soon as it came out in the US that it was PIF behind it, they clearly should have been considered state owned. It was that acquisition that led to the APT rules being put in regardless of what anyone says (and pretty much immediately).

Didn’t happen before down to any concerns with us due to us being privately owned, there wasn’t the justification or the perceived need to do it.

Don’t think anyone’s said that?

In terms of the tribunal, we won some things, we also lost some things we’d have wanted to win. The other clubs in the PL will be feeling worse than we are right now though and the PL themselves too.

How big a win or loss it is, think we need to wait and see, no one can really know yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went back to tribunal again depending on what happens next.
The strength of City’s statements should also be taken into account, and they are very strong.

A couple of weeks back I mentioned that the PL would have the ruling, go back to the cartel clubs for direction, before revising the rules to suit their needs. That was only a guess but it looks like it’s exactly what the PL have done.

City aren’t having it and, like you say, we’ll see where they ‘try’ to go from here.

When your livelyhood depends on clicks, it is always going to be better for them and their employer to appeal to the masses. They can either side with us and please our fans or go against us, pleasing fans of 19 other clubs and in particular 3 clubs! Only Samuel has the bollocks to stand out from the crowd and he has criticised us too in the past when has felt the need. However, he is 13 times sports journalist of the year so has a lot of kudos and employed for that reason.

Journalists for clickbait websites probably don’t even believe what they write.
If they do it is very concerning (from their angle)

After taking the day to wait for people qualified to analyse this to analyse this, the idea that City won some major win and Stefan was downplaying it is clearly wrong.
Having read The Lawyer's take on it, I'm surprised he thinks it was even a "score draw" frankly.
Did you catch Samuel on The Game podcast earlier Damo? Sounds like pretty emphatic evidence that Stefan, Christopher and you seem to have got this verdict seriously wrong.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.