City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Did you catch Samuel on The Game podcast earlier Damo? Sounds like pretty emphatic evidence that Stefan, Christopher and you seem to have got this verdict seriously wrong.
a) it is irrelevant what I think so no idea why you are still banging on about it
b) it is also irrelevant what Samuel thinks
c) at least I have read the judgment - Samuel could not have when he wrote his OTT piece and went on the podcast

Surely the sponsorship deal could still be signed but only the FMV part would be allowed to go towards the PSR.

For example, if a company wanted to sponsor City for £100 million and the PL decided that £50 million was the FMV, then only £50 million could be used for PSR and the other for non-footballing reasons.

However, it does pose the question of how the PL calculate FMV and whether they can block sponsors in its entirety.
Maybe all clubs should be allowed to agree on everyone’s sponsorship who the fuck do the PL think they are? What’s to stop them saying sponsorship of bog rolls at United is worth more than City, fucking scandalous

I don’t think there’s much bad at all tbh. We knew we wasn’t going to win every single point and I doubt we even gave certain supposed failures a second thought.
We were successful where we needed to be and no amount of tempering will change that.

Really? I don’t think we’ll be happy that we only got the decisions on the two sponsorship deals set aside for the reasons we did. I think we’d have wanted something a bit more substantive around some of the core challenges around the APT rules too.

Again, it all depends what happens next to really be able to contextualise it into wins and losses though, both in terms of how they deal with anything done to date and also how quickly the clubs agree to new lawful rules.

Neither of those will be easy and in that initial context, I’d absolutely describe it as more a win for us.

Because as soon as it came out in the US that it was PIF behind it, they clearly should have been considered state owned. It was that acquisition that led to the APT rules being put in regardless of what anyone says (and pretty much immediately).

Didn’t happen before down to any concerns with us due to us being privately owned, there wasn’t the justification or the perceived need to do it.
But weren't PIF part of a consortium? Also, PIF is an investment arm of the Saudi government, much the same as Clearlake is a private equity fund, with several private, corporate & state investors.

The days of the successful local businessman buying his local team is done. What we're seeing now is consortiums buying up clubs as an investment. What's to stop a PIF pumping gazillions into a Clearlake Capital & taking control of a football club that way?

How can they put a price on our sponsorship deals? Does that database give figures for clubs that have achieved 100 points? Or done the quadruple? Or managed four in a row? No, so they can shove that database up their arse.
Also, is united's sponsorship commensurate with their league positions? Certainly not, as Chevrolet know to their cost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.