City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

You know what, I was lay here in the night, aching knee doing my brains in, and as usual on bluemoon to pass the time, and it started me thinking.

Why do so many clubs align themselves with the red cartel? Now, obviously before people jump in with the usual responses, take a minute and think. If you class it as taking our side or theirs, any club who sits on the red side is effectively accepting mediocrity for ever. Just be an also ran, be happy to stay in the Prem, no aspiration whatsoever that at some point there may be that crack in the door, an investor who wants to pump some money in and take the club to greater heights etc. What a fucking weird mentality. Surely these clubs top brass can see the wood from the trees, that the red cartel don’t give a fuck about any of them, they just want them to know their place, do your best and be a feeder club for us when we want to plunder your best talents.

Why not align with us? I’ve enjoyed the last 15 or so years so much, been a blue for 53 years, seen everything you could ever wish to see, I’d have no problem whatsoever to see another club rise like a phoenix and have their time in the sun.

Anyway, that’s my musings on this Saturday morning, I’ll get back to feeling sorry for myself and wanting to saw my leg off, lol.

American owners aren't bothered to much about winning. To them it's about a closed shop no relegation and guaranteed income. So the non cartel American owned clubs are happy with the guaranteed income they can take out of the game

You know what, I was lay here in the night, aching knee doing my brains in, and as usual on bluemoon to pass the time, and it started me thinking.

Why do so many clubs align themselves with the red cartel? Now, obviously before people jump in with the usual responses, take a minute and think. If you class it as taking our side or theirs, any club who sits on the red side is effectively accepting mediocrity for ever. Just be an also ran, be happy to stay in the Prem, no aspiration whatsoever that at some point there may be that crack in the door, an investor who wants to pump some money in and take the club to greater heights etc. What a fucking weird mentality. Surely these clubs top brass can see the wood from the trees, that the red cartel don’t give a fuck about any of them, they just want them to know their place, do your best and be a feeder club for us when we want to plunder your best talents.

Why not align with us? I’ve enjoyed the last 15 or so years so much, been a blue for 53 years, seen everything you could ever wish to see, I’d have no problem whatsoever to see another club rise like a phoenix and have their time in the sun.

Anyway, that’s my musings on this Saturday morning, I’ll get back to feeling sorry for myself and wanting to saw my leg off, lol.
I think most clubs prioritises protecting the business case of their (US) owners. For them it is perfectly fine being a mid table team as long as they make good money every year. The cartel system virtually guarantees that this can go on forever. City is a threat to this system and those who profits just want to continue to extract money out of football.

Why these clubs further down the Premier League vote for keeping the status quo, if clubs can spend what they want there’s clubs further down the pyramid who can overtake them. Look at Wrexham, they are starting to move through the leagues. They ultimately want the Premier League but won’t get their as quickly as they like with ffp in place. Which means the likes of Brighton can sit nicely, selling on players and using their director loans to keep things ticking over. Why would they want a free market of spending where they are constantly looking over their shoulder?

I think a lot of the other clubs owners are happy to accept their fate as being below the red cartel in the pecking order. Not having to spend too much on players but enough to stay in the PL and maybe winning a league cup every 10 years.

What they can’t accept is a club they consider at or below their level winning everything. It makes them look bad in front of their own fans so they can’t just sit back and let it happen.

Unfortunately many of their fans go along with this as they suffer from an inferiority complex when it comes to the cartel clubs and are more than happy accepting their place in the old pecking order.

The league is at a crossroads does it continue on a path of self destruction protecting the two most historical successful clubs in English football?
That statement might be true of the late70-80s (liverpool) and 90's-2013 (united), but lets not forget that they were no more succesful than most other clubs otherwise, and the reasons for their success then was pretty much the same as ours is now, money and best coaches.

I think most clubs prioritises protecting the business case of their (US) owners. For them it is perfectly fine being a mid table team as long as they make good money every year. The cartel system virtually guarantees that this can go on forever. City is a threat to this system and those who profits just want to continue to extract money out of football.
Does a mid table football club make much money though? Enough to justify that mentality?

US sports’ system, with the draft, gives all clubs an opportunity to at some point be top of the pile again, so I’m not 100% sure of your theory. Maybe it’s just a natural growth in value of the business asset that’s appealing, but accepting mid table mediocrity has always got that inherent risk that you have a bad transfer window at some point, move too many of your best assets on, and risk a shit season and get relegated and see your asset value tank?

Like many pieces by Roan about City that have gone before, the form is telling. The story here is the that PL have fundamentally changed position on this judgment through the course of the week, despite stridently asserting an earlier position that allowed them to establish a narrative in the media that the outcome had been a draw, or possibly even a small win for them. This repositioning from the PL means the basis for this narrative has gone. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

City said in their letter to other clubs that the PL statement was misleading and inaccurate, which this subsequent PL letter manifestly confirms. City’s were correct in what they were asserting. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

The PL thereby did not attain sone sort of draw from this determination that could be dealt with on an ex tempore basis as they had previously claimed, and City were correct when they took the unusual step of pointing that out to their fellow members. City have been wholly vindicated on this point. And the PL shown to be wrong. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

That is the story. And yet the piece plainly doesn’t present it like that.

Those two core factors are not tied together in the piece in a way that makes that the story. They are dissipated throughout the piece and way that misdirects the reader away from what is the fundamental story in relation to this statement. I have no doubt this was a conscious approach by Roan, who as you say, finished off the piece with the obligatory Pavlovian 115 reference, again to misdirect the reader from what has happened here.

It’s a fundamentally dishonest piece of journalism.

Having just read the article I was about to post something very similar albeit much less eloquently.

It's taken some real effort to structure the information in that article in such a way that it mispresents the story without actively lying. There is no way that is anything other than deliberate.

What's depressing is this is the sports editor of our national broadcaster discussing our national sport. The PL itself is far from the only house that needs cleaning up in this sorry tale.

I don't like the cancer analogy. Others have suggested instead the murder trial with 15 counts of murder, but you're only convicted of 5. You're still a serial killer
Or use a boxing analogy
You're losing the fight as your opponent has won the first six rounds on points
Round seven, you land a big punch and knock your opponent out

Tolmie has just alluded to this on Twitter, but wonder whether the announcement from DP ports in the last couple of days has anything to do with what is going on. Probably not but interesting all the same.

I can't imagine the British government is best pleased with the prospect of Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon being labelled fraudsters....

5HCP542C3BC5NGFXC2GOEI4KVY.jpeg

FZEEUYNP5BAQLH2MSJAR7IP6OM.jpg

khaldoon-al-mubarak-chairman-of-manchester-city-football-club-arrives-in-downing-street-london-picture-date-thursday-february-10-2022-2hmgkbt.jpg

left-to-right-prime-minister-david-cameron-with-chinese-president-G8DEM1.jpg

I think a lot of the other clubs owners are happy to accept their fate as being below the red cartel in the pecking order. Not having to spend too much on players but enough to stay in the PL and maybe winning a league cup every 10 years.

What they can’t accept is a club they consider at or below their level winning everything. It makes them look bad in front of their own fans so they can’t just sit back and let it happen.

Unfortunately many of their fans go along with this as they suffer from an inferiority complex when it comes to the cartel clubs and are more than happy accepting their place in the old pecking order.
Pathetic mentality though, isn’t it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.