City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Hahaha my goodness, what an absolute clown. Just totally reveals he doesn't know what he is talking about, at all.

Also, "never known" such unanimity in legal circles with football, as if he has frequently sounded out a large sample size of football lawyers on a wide range of matters.

What a ****.
That putative unanimity doesn’t now even extend to the two parties in the case!

Like many pieces by Roan about City that have gone before, the form is telling. The story here is the that PL have fundamentally changed position on this judgment through the course of the week, despite stridently asserting an earlier position that allowed them to establish a narrative in the media that the outcome had been a draw, or possibly even a small win for them. This repositioning from the PL means the basis for this narrative has gone. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

City said in their letter to other clubs that the PL statement was misleading and inaccurate, which this subsequent PL letter manifestly confirms. City’s were correct in what they were asserting. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

The PL thereby did not attain sone sort of draw from this determination that could be dealt with on an ex tempore basis as they had previously claimed, and City were correct when they took the unusual step of pointing that out to their fellow members. City have been wholly vindicated on this point. And the PL shown to be wrong. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

That is the story. And yet the piece plainly doesn’t present it like that.

Those two core factors are not tied together in the piece in a way that makes that the story. They are dissipated throughout the piece and way that misdirects the reader away from what is the fundamental story in relation to this statement. I have no doubt this was a conscious approach by Roan, who as you say, finished off the piece with the obligatory Pavlovian 115 reference, again to misdirect the reader from what has happened here.

It’s a fundamentally dishonest piece of journalism.
Roan has still not even reported the Judges’ summary.

You know what, I was lay here in the night, aching knee doing my brains in, and as usual on bluemoon to pass the time, and it started me thinking.

Why do so many clubs align themselves with the red cartel? Now, obviously before people jump in with the usual responses, take a minute and think. If you class it as taking our side or theirs, any club who sits on the red side is effectively accepting mediocrity for ever. Just be an also ran, be happy to stay in the Prem, no aspiration whatsoever that at some point there may be that crack in the door, an investor who wants to pump some money in and take the club to greater heights etc. What a fucking weird mentality. Surely these clubs top brass can see the wood from the trees, that the red cartel don’t give a fuck about any of them, they just want them to know their place, do your best and be a feeder club for us when we want to plunder your best talents.

Why not align with us? I’ve enjoyed the last 15 or so years so much, been a blue for 53 years, seen everything you could ever wish to see, I’d have no problem whatsoever to see another club rise like a phoenix and have their time in the sun.

Anyway, that’s my musings on this Saturday morning, I’ll get back to feeling sorry for myself and wanting to saw my leg off, lol.

Because American owners want to make money that's mainly why they invest there hedge fund contributors want a big dividend! Because why else would an American invest! That is the American way drilled into them from dot one!

There must be a study in human nature from all of this. How across the board reporters and news media can flock to a cause and ?willingly? present a different pov more aligned work what they want. In fact it's maybe more a study in soft propaganda. The whole thing had been absolutely crazy. 1984ish.

Roan has still not even reported the Judges’ summary.
If your entire football news came from the bbc about this, you’d think that the heroic PL had routed the bullying City, that Masters was a leader of Alexander the Great levels, the PL had the backing of the 19 other clubs, the rules were legally nearly perfect with just a slight tweak required and that everything was fine and dandy

You know what, I was lay here in the night, aching knee doing my brains in, and as usual on bluemoon to pass the time, and it started me thinking.

Why do so many clubs align themselves with the red cartel? Now, obviously before people jump in with the usual responses, take a minute and think. If you class it as taking our side or theirs, any club who sits on the red side is effectively accepting mediocrity for ever. Just be an also ran, be happy to stay in the Prem, no aspiration whatsoever that at some point there may be that crack in the door, an investor who wants to pump some money in and take the club to greater heights etc. What a fucking weird mentality. Surely these clubs top brass can see the wood from the trees, that the red cartel don’t give a fuck about any of them, they just want them to know their place, do your best and be a feeder club for us when we want to plunder your best talents.

Why not align with us? I’ve enjoyed the last 15 or so years so much, been a blue for 53 years, seen everything you could ever wish to see, I’d have no problem whatsoever to see another club rise like a phoenix and have their time in the sun.

Anyway, that’s my musings on this Saturday morning, I’ll get back to feeling sorry for myself and wanting to saw my leg off, lol.
The 'Haemeroid Clubs' want money afore success.

Success for them is getting the TV money, selling a homegrown player for profit & an occasional cup run.

It is Brighton & Brentfords declared m o.

Spurs are a shameful and shameless embarrassment who just want capital appreciation and dividends.

The cartel want minimum investment,maximum extraction and CL money.

None of them have City’s business plan, success, reinvestment strategy or global network.

None of them have City's debt free/loan free status.

If your entire football news came from the bbc about this, you’d think that the heroic PL had routed the bullying City, that Masters was a leader of Alexander the Great levels, the PL had the backing of the 19 other clubs, the rules were legally nearly perfect with just a slight tweak required and that everything was fine and dandy

They like to champion their BBC Verify department on their mainstream news output. They want to start looking closer to home at factually incorrect propaganda by the guy at the top of their sports reporting and the underlying conflict of interest of why he’s doing it.

Great post. Does make me question why we voted for the shareholder loans being exempt recommendation though. Either at the time we thought other reasons were more likely for the rules to be considered unlawful, or that’s some proper 3d chess going on!
Perhaps we were at that time just gathering evidence and have eventually been able to use it effectively at the tribunal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.