City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I'm obviously missing something but if only 12 clubs voted in favour, and you need 14 for an overall majority, then isn't there a chance of City losing the legal challenge, but the motion not being passed anyway?
+-2 margin of error is a fantastic start but a good indication of where city’s stand point .

Any idea who proposed that change?
This is a very good question.
The PL is the sum of the 20 member clubs - are rule-change proposals put forward by a member, or number of members, or does the PL administration submit proposals (bias-tailored, as we may expect) autonomously for review and agreement by the member vote?

This is what happens when you’re swayed by propaganda, haven’t heard City’s side of the story, and aren’t that close to the club you support.
Great post. Irishblue, rather than spending time posting on here, just do your homework on both the history of the red clubs boardroom dominance of the PL and read up from fact based sources e.g. Stefan before questioning your own club and owners

He’s guessing a bit. The evidence is the thing and no-one has seen it yet. I assume he believes that such challenges are inherently difficult to win. Pannick, however, is not beyond stretching a point.

I’d also guess (not having heard what he said) that he is referring to the second part of the suit which is a claim for damages which is hard to prove. The main thrust is the uneven crafting of regulation to inhibit specific clubs and are thus discriminatory.

Could be wrong, though.

Never mind all this talk of good guys and bad guys, its very hard to imagine that we're totally innocent of everything, to be perfectly honest.

So what's the end game here, if we do win the case and take the Premier League down as many City fans are calling
If we win and there are resignations and ultimately reform in the Premier League that to me is a good thing.

No-one gave a toss when Liverpool and Utd were buying up titles left right and centre. Now its City on top, rules are suddenly implemented and then changed seemingly yearly simply to restict our success and to benefit certain other clubs.

I was unfortunate enough to be in a car with Talk Sport on in the background for a few minutes this morning. First of all a snippet from that completely unbiased “journalist” Jamie Jackson “I m not sure why City are doing this, they need to come out and explain themselves” next Henry Winter “City want a free for all with no controls”.

I think City have had enough of this bullshit and are going for broke, the EPL who I think Stefan said ages ago just aren’t geared up to be constantly fighting legal battles, well welcome to the new normal, you want to fuck us about, let’s dance.

Interesting to read that City are calling the PL's own sponsorship deals into question, saying that they have a conflict of interest. There's definitely a case for a governing body to regulate the PL's commercial deals. Let's have a forensic look at the PLs accounts and commercial activities and see what's going on.
Could be a few issues around corporate governance I suspect?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.