City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

It's absolutely about the alleged breaches against us. We are claiming that extant rules are illegal on the basis that they limit fair competition.

The APT rules were introduced in 2021 - aren't the alleged breaches from before then? I'm not sure where the cut off date is off the top of my head.

Just asking a question regarding sponsorship and owner related companies.
Obviously our sponsorship is looked at and then decided if it fair market value by an independent company.
Am I right in saying that for example Emirates can sponsor arsenal for let's say 500 mil a year and this doesn't have to be looked at because Emirates don't not have anything to do with owning arsenal or are all sponsorship deals looked at by this independent company
And there is another interesting bit, who are the so called independent company that vets the Sponsorship deals

Never mind all this talk of good guys and bad guys, its very hard to imagine that we're totally innocent of everything, to be perfectly honest.

So what's the end game here, if we do win the case and take the Premier League down as many City fans are calling

It isn’t taking the PL down. It’s about continually crafting regulation after regulation to try and hold some clubs back. At some point it becomes self- defeating. And this isn’t a court, it’s an arbitration process within the PL rules. Clubs are allowed a voice if they feel they have a grievance.

The current model with capped squad sizes and proposals to cap earnings yet increase the demands on the players with more games, increased playing time etc isn’t sustainable. To do the latter you need bigger squads and bigger earnings. Artificially restricting both, yet demanding more is a nonsense.

Fans are entitled to criticize the club, or at least ask questions of them or doubt them. In my opinion.
We've been defending them to the hilt for the last 8-10 years now in the face of accusation after accusation.
That's not me saying that I haven't been doing my best in defending my club the past 24 hours!
In lay mans terms, its quite hard to put a good argument favouring City in terms of yesterday's news.

We are allowed to stop and ask, why have we done this, it doesn't look good etc.

This is what happens when you’re swayed by propaganda, haven’t heard City’s side of the story, and aren’t that close to the club you support.

Got to say, to a layman (which I am) it seems that the APT rules are there for good reason and I can't see why, of all things, we are trying to pick those apart.

Personally, I'm sick of it all to my stomach. I just want to watch football and celebrate my team. This is really detracting from the joy of the sport.

This is exactly how I feel as well. I have been a City fan for the best part of 60 years and all this “noise” is ruining my enjoyment of the game. I just want to watch my team play football. I am also struggling to understand why APT rules are a bad thing. I don’t really want to see a league where the team with the deepest pockets wins all the prizes.
I thought it was only me being an FOC(Funny old codger) who felt this way. For me just watching the football is all I want to do, politics and deviousness were things I dealt with in my 'previous life' now I just want to relax and enjoy the BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

I acknowledge that I should simply ignore the thread and I am trying to do that but keep getting the feeling that when the world is against my club I ought to be reading what they are saying and defending the club.

I actually switched off my account this morning thinking I would leave here for a while but then found myself coming back as a visitor!! So yes I should simply ignore the thread but it is difficult.

It begs the question, if as Stefan said we are very unlikely to win this case, why have the club taken it on?
He’s guessing a bit. The evidence is the thing and no-one has seen it yet. I assume he believes that such challenges are inherently difficult to win. Pannick, however, is not beyond stretching a point.

I'm not so sure Ric. Three different Ineos group companies are among Nice's biggest sponsors and surely Scruffy Jim will be wanting some significant Ineos sponsorship for the rags.
Yes,if you look at the clauses in the new rules (attachment on p147) Ratcliff and Ineos seem to fall squarely into a number of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.