City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

It's time for all the subservient pus@#$s to now come out of the woodwork. How the fuck would any of you know why City would feel strongly enough about this that they'd take these steps? How about ya wait like maybe a few minutes to hear from some experts as to wtf is going on? "Oh no, now the PL will be mad at us and we'll be fucked on the 115". What a shit bag attitude to take on. Fuck the PL. Have they given a single shit about how our people, ownership, staff, squad, and us supporters have felt when they hit us purposefully with these ridiculous 115 charges? How about the fact that we've had to endure our most successful period ever under a cloud and a constant bombardment from the media and rival prick fans. Like I said, fuck the Prem...
Spot on , i don’t think highly paid lawyers would suggest taking this case if they had any doubt otherwise .I think this is beginning of the end

I favor regulation to prevent clubs from overborrowing to the extent that the bankrupt a club, putting it so far into debt that it has to sell off all its players to pay its debts, ruining the club for fans.

I suppose that their ought to be a (very high) limit on what a club can spend. Otherwise, an extremely wealthy owner could simply buy the league.

With respect to City... the club if financially well off - other clubs have spent more... if we've somehow broken regulations - in spite of other P/L clubs having spent even more than us - well, bullshit. We're financially sound and we put, on the field, a very attractive, exciting club that not only benefits us, but benefits the P/L as well... and makes the C/L competitive.
I favour regulation of debt AND NOTHING ELSE. Any regulation of the P&L inevitably hurts some clubs more than others. Eg Newcastle have to pay wages over the odds to attract players to the far north.

Spot on , i don’t think highly paid lawyers would suggest taking this case if they had any doubt otherwise .I think this is beginning of the end
you don't think people who make money by bringing legal action wouldn't advise bringing legal action?

I don't know enough about this either way to make a comment on if this is good or bad only what i have read in here and on articles. But that above is a weird comment. Ever been to a chiropractor they advise on their services to fix unfixable problems :D :D

On a seperate note can someone lay it out clear to me how this legal action from city will help us against the 115 charges?

you don't think people who make money by bringing legal action wouldn't advise bringing legal action?

I don't know enough about this either way to make a comment on if this is good or bad only what i have read in here and on articles. But that above is a weird comment. Ever been to a chiropractor they advise on their services to fix unfixable problems :D :D
apple orange

Makes us look greedy and dismissive of the league as a whole.At the same time they are defending the 115 charges too, so I’m sure greater minds than mine are behind this, but it won’t win us any popularity contests.Also, if unlimited spending prevails, we risk turning premier league into La Ligurian or SPL !Not sure how I feel on this.

Posts like this tell you how easy it is to brainwash people with sensational headlines and nonsense.

The wild headlines make it sound like we're destroying the league and the financial rules when in reality we're challenging a new rule introduced this year. If we were successful then the rules would mostly be as they were in January 2024 - that's this year!

Just so disturbing to me how easily influenced people are. Unlimited spending would absolutely not be a thing.

And if they are, people in the media that were actively promoting the idea that everyone should just accept the rules and not rock the boat should never be allowed to forget it.
Grumbling about City attacking democracy is way off beam. Your commercial rivals don’t vote democratically, they vote to bolster their own position. An independent regulator would be a completely different matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.