City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

We started this action in February but it has only been revealed today so I don't think it indicates we have a weak case on the 115 charges. In fact it probably strengthens our hand. City must have a large dossier of evidence showing up the dirty tricks we have been subjected to. It is about time all this came out into the open.
This is the most significant indictment of the premier league in my opinion.

Their naivety to think that they could pull MCFC around by its nose ring with impunity speaks volumes to their lack of insight.

The premier league and its cartel have an over developed sense of importance and a under developed sense of responsibility.

I think that’s a slight misinterpretation. He said unlikely to win when discussing certain aspects of the challenge, such as voting rights.

In terms of the main related party challenge he seemed to suggest we don’t have enough info to know how likely it is of success.

I’m sure he said the APT part of the case. He did repeat it on a couple of occasions. Just watched the Talkshite video on YouTube,

He definitely said there was nothing wrong with the 14 majority voting rule.

Daft question and probably been asked earlier in the thread but........

If the main charges in the 115 are about false accounting. Isn't that more like a criminal charge that the HMRC should be leading on? Does the fact HMRC are not leading on this by definition make it less likely or much less likely that the Premiere League will be successful?

It sounds to me that the PL have rejected a proposed sponsorship deal on the table , or they are about to.
That's exactly what I got from the leaked bits from the Times, either that or they have downgraded one (new or existing), as not fair value?

Reactions: flb
I’m sure he said the APT part of the case. He did repeat it on a couple of occasions. Just watched the Talkshite video on YouTube,

He definitely said there was nothing wrong with the 14 majority voting rule.
I’ll have to relisten mate, wasn’t my takeaway but you may be right.

Unless we have hard evidence that they have conspired against us.
Not really we are saying the APT is unlawful, it either is or it isn’t, that’s what the legal teams will argue. Thats what they’ll decide any conspiracy won’t come into it.

Yesterday I was convinced our owners wouldn't take on a fight we wouldn't have an excellent chance of winning. Just listened to Stefan ,and my impression was he didn't think we would win either the ATP thing or the voting numbers. I know he hasn't seen all the information but even so I found it a bit of a concern.
Hopefully someone can point out what I am missing, and I can go back to worrying about whether Pep will extend or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.