City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

There are other rules in place to prevent clubs entering into crazy contracts on anything other than arm's length. These APT rules are completely unnecessary in reality, especially as there has never been a case of sponsorship that has been so out of line with fmv that it raised eyebrows (the nearest possibly being the original Etihad contract but that later turned out to be good value).
Didn't the rags deal with Chevrolet raise the "wrong" eyebrows - but plenty of them in areas of Manchester?!

Thank you, you do not know know just how much this has been rattling around in my head.
So this news may be an indication that the PL want to dump, but the proof of the pudding is still the change of the rule book.
The first thing i would do in this situation is stop all usage and stop miss use that could come back and bite me ie access to the data base, until all outcomes have been reached.

I don't think this news (the withdrawal of the proposed changes today) means anything at all, but it's interesting to speculate.

One thing I do know is that the obviously PL sponsored message that Items are frequently withdrawn from the agenda at the last minute is complete bollocks. Having spent a number of board level years preparing and distributing papers for discussion at various meetings, I can tell you that if you send papers to board members so all these busy and "important" (in their eyes, at least) people can prepare for a meeting and then frequently withdraw items, you wouldn't be doing it very long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.