City launch legal action against the Premier League

Been away, but have to say I like this.

Not sure what to make of it and people are very confused.

I could be one.

The implications if we win is it goes back to what it was in 2021, not some big travesty. I also feel we are the only league who do this. But please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also, bar legal fees we don’t need to win this, a loss could still send a message and also a loss but information going out into public domain that shows PL in a bad light would be good (although it sounds like this won’t get a public judgment).

Seem very little downside to City bar this wave of public criticism.

Hopefully it inspires Pep and the boys.

Who knew owner investment was such a bad thing.

My god I love supporting Manchester City and thank you dad for taking me to Maine Road in 1982 for my first ever game because that was the day City became part of me and I became part of City. I couldn’t give a flying fuck if we lost both cases and got relegated because we would still be Manchester City FC the best team in the land and all the world.

The sponsorship rules are ridiculous and unworkable. Is Fair Value what Luton can get for sponsoring their shirts or what United can? Is it different for each club? How can it be fair if one club can sell millions of shirts and others can sell a few thousand? What about Stadium naming rights?

If I sponsor my grandson £2 a lap for walking backwards around the school yard (maximum of 10 laps) and you sponsor your grandson £100 a lap. Is that fair or none of anyones business?

What I find utterly bizarre is that the Premier League seems to be capitalism on steroids on some things and then flips 180 degrees and advocates communism and 'all clubs are equal' on others. This 'all clubs are equal' thinking seems to have developed since middle east owners have appeared whilst billionaire USA owners were tolerated as good for the game. I do not think we will win but I think there is definitely an argument to be made that there is a cartel that controls Premier League thinking.
I also remember the benevolent former russian money launderer was an all round good egg with a big boat and owned most of Mayfair and Surrey.

Wonder what's different about our owner?

So the Rags aren’t onboard then according to Keegan. Not a surprise really. They along with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are the 4 clubs that have been trying to stop City for over a decade. Scruffy Jim was never going to break that cartel.

My god I love supporting Manchester City and thank you dad for taking me to Maine Road in 1982 for my first ever game because that was the day City became part of me and I became part of City. I couldn’t give a flying fuck if we lost both cases and got relegated because we would still be Manchester City FC the best team in the land and all the world.
agreed but we have to repel these leaches,let them all regroup under the rock they crawled out from

This is getting beyond a joke now, it's turning into pitch folks and torches. I can see some of our fans getting seriously hurt by some nutters.
The depths some people will go to get ‘attention’ is disturbing. It’s taking a rather sinister turn.

You'd honestly think it was the end of football.
We had a hundred years of people spending what they wanted and no single team dominated for the duration.
United and Liverpool had the longest periods of dominance and won far more than we have.
It's not even clear which aspects of the rules we are challenging or that we oppose all restrictions (could be just some)... and yet we supposedly want to spend billions and ruin football (which kinda defeats the purpose of investing in it).

The average fan is clearly thick and utterly incapable of entertaining the notion that there are pros and cons to restricting investment or hindering speculative spending.

Funny how fans have no qualms about overpaying to buy a player from a lower league. They don't pay fair market value compared with the lower league. They overpay in the belief that the investment is affordable and worth it (to them) in the longer term.

Forest didn't pay market value for Trevor Francis. They speculated he would be worth it.
United didn't pay market value for Rooney. They spent big and trusted their instincts.
But City? On no. Can't pay over the odds cos it will ruin the game.

Nobody is challenging clubs who are asking over the odds and questioning their role in affecting finances or how despite the billions earned in tv revenue none of it is used to reduce ticket prices.

Fans are thick. Just thick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.