City launch legal action against the Premier League

City aren’t alone. It’s a start. And it sends a message to Masters and the PL.

EXCLUSIVE BY MIKE KEEGAN: At least three clubs have sympathy for Manchester City's position after they declared war on the Premier League over spending rules. Mail Sport understands that Newcastle among those who believe the champions have valid concerns ahead of a hearing on Monday at which City will attempt to get rules that limit how much companies linked to club owners can spend on sponsorship deals thrown out. While only one of the group - thought to be Chelsea - has provided a statement which challenges the updated rules on associated party transactions (APT), it is understood that Villa co-owner, the Egyptian billionaire Nassef Sawiris, is close to City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and that he shares frustrations over imposed limits on spending.

Been away, but have to say I like this.

Not sure what to make of it and people are very confused.

I could be one.

The implications if we win is it goes back to what it was in 2021, not some big travesty. I also feel we are the only league who do this. But please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also, bar legal fees we don’t need to win this, a loss could still send a message and also a loss but information going out into public domain that shows PL in a bad light would be good (although it sounds like this won’t get a public judgment).

Seem very little downside to City bar this wave of public criticism.

Hopefully it inspires Pep and the boys.

Who knew owner investment was such a bad thing.
It depends where the owners are from.

Been saying we should do this for years. The Prem acts like it's some governmental judicial authority when it's actually just a commercial business owned by the Prem clubs. It goes round as a commercial business telling other commercial businesses how they can and cannot trade based on back of a fag packet rules. Right, let's see the Prem on the stand in a proper court of law.

So the Rags aren’t onboard then according to Keegan. Not a surprise really. They along with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are the 4 clubs that have been trying to stop City for over a decade. Scruffy Jim was never going to break that cartel.
Was amazed anyone thought they would support us to begin with

When we signed Haaland that finally broke them. They were always going to go for us but I think that was the proverbial straw.
It's winning the CL & multiple PLs, plus qualifying for the CL for 13 consecutive seasons along with huge amounts of prize money that has broken them, Erling is simply one piece of the jigsaw.

Not a single club on the planet can compare with the CFGs expertise, reach and success.

Manchester thanks you Sheikh Mansour !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.