City launch legal action against the Premier League

One of the intresting parts about fair market was that the premier league can interrogate the sponsor into why they are paying what they are, so if we get someone come in and hand us a £100million, the premier league the get to grill them on it, what happens when the sponsor says, City are the biggest and fastest rising club in the world and we think that is money well spent, what do the PL do then? If you think of the exposure some sponsors are getting off the treble 4 in a row it’s probably under funded.

It's a crazy situation and when you see the exposure Etihad has received during the last decade, they must be amazed at the success of that deal.

Also pre/post Covid they looked in trouble but they have recovered incredibly well and investing heavily and looking to really push on again.

Then look at the growth of Etihad in the same period.

City are not suing the PL....
YET.

City (& other clubs) objected to the PL introducing changes to the RELATED PARTY rules last February.

City stated AT THE TIME that they believed the changes were unlawful.

Other clubs agree.

The divergence of opinion & interpretation will be reviewed by an 'independent'commission who will deliver their findings.

If the call falls with the PL the Related Party rule will probably prevail.

If the call falls with City the RP rule will be un lawful and City then have the option to sue the PL.

NO WRITS have been issued....NO ONE HAS BEEN SUED !!
I will add that, despite the hysterical hyperbole by large elements of a dying and discredited media, the outcome of this case will not be the end of football,City or PL.....albeit that Masters is already a dead man walking.

( He will wish he'd never seen a red shirt or heard the name Manchester City)

The interpretation of matters by the media confirms 2 things....
HATRED OF CITY &
CONSCIOUS IGNORANCE but no balance or historical context !!

Both parties, PL clubs and the commission, had agreed to confidentiality, someone broke ranks,who was it ??

IMO, The Times should be 'subpoenaed' to reveal who acted in bad faith and provided them with the case documents.

Finally, I feel that the odds are stacked 55/45 against City,however the club has demonstrated yet again that they will fight a cause that they believe in irrespective of the opponent.

Bring it on.... we're City & we fight to the end !!

Long time reader....first time poster. I'm expecting to be branded a rag any moment!!! Bring it on.

It occurs to me that City and Newcastle could simply broker a mutually beneficial arrangement by which Etihad sponsor Newcastle and a Saudi equivalent sponsors City. It would boil an ocean of urine!
Oh so just like mutual wanking ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.